Band Practice Spaces...what do you use?

It was converted to a home theater area after we sold the house and moved.
Nice. We remodeled our house about a year and a half ago and that was one idea I had. We knocked down two walls and made what was a strangely shaped living room/family room/dining room layout into one big great room. My idea was to take what had been the family room part of it, and double wall it with a double sliding glass door and turn it into a 12x15 soundproof practice space. Whenever we sell the house we could market the space as a soundproof home theater. Sadly, there just wasn't room in the budget for it. Instead now it's just the computer desk and a play area for the kids with a bunch of empty space, enough for a baby grand piano.

Thanks for the responses guys! Looks like it's all over the map in terms of who does what.

Having a dedicated space that isn't used for anything else has been pretty convenient for us. The drummer just leaves some stinky practice kit (which sounds as good as any other drum kit to me...but what do I know about drums...) and just brings his symbols back and forth. Obviously we're not hurting for amps, so we've usually got those set up and ready to go. The bass player usually leaves a cab unless he has gig with his jazz band going on. So setup consists of plugging in, turning on the PA and amps, and we're good to go.

You know...posing...in the mirror...to pick up babes.

roth+mirror+bottl.jpg

Hahaha... like this?

For my bass gig we've got a 14x14 room in a dedicated practice space building. Vaughn, I think you were in that building one of the times you were up back in the day.

For the guitar gig it's a much bigger room (like 25x25) with it's own control room for recording. Great space in downtown St. Paul... I actually used to rent the very same room about a decade ago in another band.
Yup, I remember the small room.

I'll bring my amps over if I can come too! :biggrin:
Well that should be pretty easy right now given most of of them are there :rofl:
Anytime you want to, let me know...we almost always go Sunday(scheduled around the Packer games of course).

Here's what ours looks like (plus a little photoshop work by our drummer). It's the warehouse for our singer's business.

Back