Banana Yellow Pre-Standard with bird inlays

Axxeman

At long last, the PTC has finished the restoration of my 1986 Banana Yellow Pre-Standard with bird inlays. These guys pulled out all the stops on this one. Every little detail was attended to until the guitar looked like the day I bought it in '86. I promised pictures on a previous post, so here goes.
BananaYellowPRS1.jpg

BananaYellowPRS5.jpg

BananaYellowPRS2.jpg

BananaYellowPRS3.jpg

BananaYellowPRS4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. And you are so right about PTC. Freakin' amazing work, and Shawn kept in touch with me throughout the entire process. I can't possibly think of anything they didn't do perfectly. Thanks guys!

So I wonder, how did they protect the logo while spraying the headstock? Liquid mask maybe?

Amazing guitar.

That's just amazing work!

Tell me, what makes it a pre-standard as opposed to being a standard? I'm not that up on 1986 terminology. Wasn't into PRSes until 1991.

flawless!!!
I hope it brings you many more years of riffage
and DIBS if you sell it. I have a liver I could sell

That 's an early rare guitar and certainly worthy of the repairs that the PTC performed. She turned out absolutely stunning!

do i remember,

Thank you Kenny, I'm glad you're enjoying your new guitar!
thats so cool kenny the guitar looks awsome,i allso remember the licks u pulled out of that guitar,great gob ptc.....

Seriously amazing work!

So I wonder, how did they protect the logo while spraying the headstock? Liquid mask maybe?

Amazing guitar.

I remember seeing a picture in the original thread where somebody was scraping back the paint over the sig with a blade... steady hand and incredible attention to detail?

That's just amazing work!

Tell me, what makes it a pre-standard as opposed to being a standard? I'm not that up on 1986 terminology. Wasn't into PRSes until 1991.

Not sure when it changed but, PRS simply called the Standard the "PRS guitar" at first.. same guitar though.

Back