Bad neck angle?? S2 McCarty 594 Singlecut

Thanks all! I ended up returning it. The dealer expedited my refund because of the issues. PRS said that the bridge bottomed out with the action CLOSE to their action height specs was within spec. I wasn’t thrilled with that. The bridge posts were sticking up three threads above the top of the bridge. No other photo of the hundreds of S2 McCarty 594’s I saw online had those issues. It really was the perfect guitar minus the issues, so I’m aiming to get another someday. For now, I picked up a 2014 S2 Singlecut. I loved the wrap tail, the top was really exceptional, I actually liked the 25 inch scale length on a Singlecut body shape and I saved a decent amount of money. I understand that I am not getting as premium of features as the 594 but I’m happy for now. It was upgraded with a Mannmade adjustable wrap around bridge and the volume pots were also upgraded. I was already familiar with the PRS style wrap tailpiece from my SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow. The No. 7 pickups are just fine and are really dynamic through my HiWatt. However, I would like to try an 58/15 S set in it someday to see if I like them even better in this specific guitar. If anyone has a set collecting dust, please shoot me a message if that is allowed on here.

That's ridiculous that they'd tell you that a bottomed out bridge that can't achieve their action specs is acceptable. Wth?

As for the new axe, I love the wrap tails! Congratulations!

Pics, pics, pics!!!

Please!

Terrible take on that guitar. Sorry to hear about it. There’s no shortage of used 594s out there so getting back into the game won’t be too difficult when you decide to go back into it . Sorry you found a dud.

I have this issue with all my PRS. This is my only gripe with them. There is not enough neck angle to get low action on the guitar without the strings being very close to the body (not compfortable as could be). Because of this not only are the strings too close to the body but lowering the pickups can only be done so much and sometimes they bottom out (if not come off the screws). . I wish Paul would change this. I believe he has designed them for traditional players and not shredders that like super low action

Wouldn’t getting longer pickup screws and springs fix your issue with lowering the pickup? I would think so. Simple easy fix. But i totally hear you that it’s annoying that this is the solution. If the screw was longer there wouldn’t be an issue.

Wouldn’t getting longer pickup screws and springs fix your issue with lowering the pickup? I would think so. Simple easy fix. But i totally hear you that it’s annoying that this is the solution. If the screw was longer there wouldn’t be an issue.
Interesting... I guess the question with this would be if there's enough space routed below the PU for it to be lowered to where you'd like it...(???)

I find a lot of PRS have routing for long legged pickups. Not all. But a good chunk.

Back