Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I have never really been into Avenged Sevenfold, but driving into work this morning I heard this song from their new album on Sirius Octane channel.
The guitar licks remind me of Slash's playing on his last album he did, I think the song Anastasia.

Anyways, I think this song sounds pretty good.
There is an article on them in the new Guitar World magazine, but I have not got around to reading it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I hadn't given them much of a shot (thought they looked like douche-wangles!) but a couple of their tracks are really growing on me...this one included. Album is released today on Itunes I think so I may pick it up. Supposedly they went for a more "old metal" approach with this album over the "scream" rock that I'not really a fan of.

That is probably why I like this song then.
Will have to preview their other tunes to see if I want to get the whole album of MP3s on Amazon or not.

That lick is cool for a bit, but wears on me that there's a guitar "solo" through the ENTIRE song. Anastasia on the other hand, I absolutely love. This song seems to have similar mode work during the solo.

That lick is cool for a bit, but wears on me that there's a guitar "solo" through the ENTIRE song. Anastasia on the other hand, I absolutely love. This song seems to have similar mode work during the solo.

I'm just glad that something new HAS a guitar solo in it!

My son had me take him for his first time seeing them, and we went together to see them the next 3 times. Love dual guitars, and they are pretty good at it.I love their white self-titled album. Alex got his first taste of scary reality when their drummer OD'd...that sucked.

The GW article described their new album as "hard rock." This is a decent little rock song, but reminds me a lot of Metallica's "Load" album. Frustrating because you know the band can just rip but for some reason they're choosing not to... I liked their gonzo-thrashy stuff better.

The more I listen to this album, the more I like it.
I really did not care for them that much before this album, and I hope for their next one they carry on with this hard rock style.

I like most of the songs on the album, but one I really dig is called Heretic.

0:00 : Shepherd of Fire
05:22 : Hail to the King
10:26 : Doing Time
13:49 : This means War
19:54 : Requiem
24:14 : Crimson Day
29:09 : Heretic
34:03 : Coming Home
40:25 : Planets
46:19 : Acid Rain

+ Bonus track : 52:54 (St James)

PS, forgot that the whole new album is up with a bonus track too not on the MP3 album I bought from Amazon, but iTunes has the bonus track.

Full Album HD | Hail to the King - Avenged Sevenfold + Deluxe Track : ST James

First time I've heard about A7X was when they released the City of Evil album, more exactly the Batcountry song. I was really impressed with the guitar player and drummer. Since then, you can call me a fan. I have all their albums and saw them live a couple of time.

New video uploaded a few days ago.

Avenged Sevenfold - Shepherd Of Fire [Official Music Video]

Back