Ash for Necks

I've never reactivated them, I just buy new ones. The less do-it-yourself, the better for me!

I had a couple of early '70s Martins as well, without the adjustable rods. One had to go to the factory to straighten the neck, though. That was a several-month hassle.

False or true, I haven't heard a thing about problems with the carbon fiber rods. Don't tell me - One less thing to worry about!
I think it was just hear-say.

Regenerating humidipaks is as easy as pie. Just have a medium sized tupperware (or similar container) with a top, and a smaller container that fits inside. Put some water in the larger container and place your himidipaks in the smaller container. Place the smaller container into the larger container, taking care not to get the humidipaks wet, and put a top on the larger container. Come back in a week or two and the humidipak is ready to use. I have two sets of humidipaks that I alternate.

I think it was just hear-say.

Regenerating humidipaks is as easy as pie. Just have a medium sized tupperware (or similar container) with a top, and a smaller container that fits inside. Put some water in the larger container and place your himidipaks in the smaller container. Place the smaller container into the larger container, taking care not to get the humidipaks wet, and put a top on the larger container. Come back in a week or two and the humidipak is ready to use. I have two sets of humidipaks that I alternate.
Sounds very easy!

I start out with the best of intentions, but get sidetracked by other things. Humidipaks? Disposable supplies, and a business expense.

It's not that I'm lazy, but I have daily maintenance of my studio gear, blah blah blah, and more blah blah excuses. ;)

Last edited:
Back