Are there much difference between PRS 2016 and 2018?

illuminoted

Hello. I hope everyone is good. Sorry, I couldn't be specified about my question for the title.

I was looking to buy PRS SE Standard 24 electric guitar but I was not sure about the production date(which I should buy).

Also, I must say that; I really like PRS SE Standard 2018 TS aesthetical way. However, because of the high pricing ( in my country, the 2018 model is 630$), then I've started looking used, in good condition PRS guitars.
Finally I found some PRS SE Standard 2016 Blue version, there is no signature of Paul Reed Smith on the headstock. ( I really don't know how the color is called )

There is no any seller who sells PRS in my city. So, from experience people like you guys, I wanted to ask how and how big the difference is if you compare these two guitars? Mostly I am playing metal music, should I just say "Nah, i should get the 2018" or "go on with half-priced, used 2016 model." ?

Sorry for grammar, English is not my main language. Have a great day. :)

The 2016 model might have different pickups. I’m not sure when they started putting 85/15s pickups in the SEs. If you can’t play one in person, the best option might be going to YouTube and checking out videos from 3 years ago to see the SEs back then vs. now. I got mine new earlier this year, but I wouldn’t expect the used models to be extremely different though.

-k

Back