Are Nebula Silver Sky’s THAT Desirable?!

The dealer I pre-ordered mine from got his batch last Thursday, they told me they should ship this week (1 out of the 5 had an unspecified issue). Crossing fingers.

Yes, Matter of fact I purchased a nebula from one of the "Signature" dealers, and at the last minute, they refunded my money with a few excuses why, one of them was someone else bought it from under me, one was someone else bought it and now it is on consignment, and offered it to me for 5K right after I got my $2599 back. I emailed PRS Consumer relations about this, and there was nothing they could do about it but call the store and ask questions.. I guess it is OK for a signature dealer to double charge the PRS customers any way they want with these new guitars. I would have thought that is not OK with such a company but it is. I was told it was unfortunate this happened to me, and good news is they returned my money! and that was that..
Manufacturers of quality products often restrict the minimum price (MSRP), at least on paper. They cannot tell a dealer how much to sell it for. There are laws prohibit price fixing, even though some dealers still do it. I would avoid that retailer like the plague, and never even buy a pack of strings from them. I never allow anyone to screw me twice. I’ve been an optician for a long time, and will take a loss if one of my people misquotes a price. Once you violate trust, there’s not much left in any relationship, business or personal.

This thread really makes me appreciate the friends I have. All have one thing in common, given the opportunity to take unfair advantage purely for their own gain, they won’t. Anyone coming into that circle is tested. Basically I give them the opportunity to “take candy from a baby”. If they jump on that opportunity they’re done... period. I have zero tolerance for people with no scruples :)

And for your mirth and enjoyment......there is a nebula listed on Craigslist in Arlington, Virginia for $7,000 dollars. It has the admonition to buy now because “this one won’t last long”. PRS prices on Craigslist In the DMV are high because we’re so close to the factory, but really.........

out of curiosity, who was your dealer?
Moore Guitars, can't recommend them enough. Also got to meet Brett (owner) last July when we spec'd a PS at the PRS factory.
I'd also highly recommend Brian's Guitars and Bizarre Guitars.

Just to be clear I had pre-ordered the day/hour they got announced, I don't think they have any left if that's what you were wondering.
It shipped today and will arrive next Tuesday (if all goes well).

Moore Guitars, can't recommend them enough. Also got to meet Brett (owner) last July when we spec'd a PS at the PRS factory.
I'd also highly recommend Brian's Guitars and Bizarre Guitars.

Just to be clear I had pre-ordered the day/hour they got announced, I don't think they have any left if that's what you were wondering.
It shipped today and will arrive next Tuesday (if all goes well).

Cool. I appreciate the answer. I am excited for you. All three of those stores I have heard good things about. Thanks to the internet, word gets around on good music places.

My preorder was with The Music Zoo. As more of these are getting delivered I am keeping an ear out about when mine may be on its way. I also know that all businesses are busy trying to get back to a new version of normal, so I have avoided contacting them directly to inquire or check on updates. I know it will get here in time.

Interestingly, they just posted that they got their first one in and posted on Instagram today. That has me excited.

Back