Are Nebula Silver Sky’s THAT Desirable?!

sergiodeblanc

So, like, that first one I saw for like $5-6k seemed like a pie-in-the-sky kinda listing. You know, just waiting for a sucker.

But now I’m seeing more and more of them popping up for inflated prices...

John and Strats are outta my wheelhouse, and I think it goes without sayin’ how I feel about that color(s) but, I’m genuinely curious about trends and fads and sh!t.

Is there a sex tape of John and Bella Hadid with one of these in the background that I’ve missed? Is Billie Eilish doing Shakedown Street with D&C with one? What would compel someone to pay double the price for a flip-flop color changing guitar with a 90’s paint job?

Signed,

A confused middle aged cis male. :p

I had the same thoughts of “yea ok good luck with that.” when I saw people listing them for $5-7k, and then they seemed to actually sell! I have no idea what is making people buy them at that price. I had an EBMM JP6 in basically the same finish that I could barely give away. Guess it’s another anomaly in the guitar world.

I thought it was a big coincidence how almost every listing for them said they were unplayed but that they “just didn’t get along with it.” :rolleyes:

Haha! perhaps there are secrets embedded into the limited run as you mentioned.

There has to be, right?

I had the same thoughts of “yea ok good luck with that.” when I saw people listing them for $5-7k, and then they seemed to actually sell! I have no idea what is making people buy them at that price. I had an EBMM JP6 in basically the same finish that I could barely give away. Guess it’s another anomaly in the guitar world.

I thought it was a big coincidence how almost every listing for them said they were unplayed but that they “just didn’t get along with it.” :rolleyes:

Yeah! I mean... Metals don’t sell for that much. Used Private Stocks sell for that much.

I had a Jackson Soloist in that color in the 90’s and hated it then.

I just wanna know if nows the time for me to finally put all my old 90’s gear (clothes & accessories) up on eBay.

Well that may be for you, but I have probably 20 other reasons nobody wants to! :eek::p The key is to go for it when they're asleep, yeah, that's it ;)

I think that’s illegal in my state.

It's too bad your Pre-school Mom's "Book" Club got locked down. I'll bet you could seen some action

I’m scared of them, they’re all too fertile.

So desirable that people are taking regular Silver Sky guitars and getting them refinished - there will be more 'Nebula' coloured Silver Sky guitars than PRS actually make. Not only that, I see quite a few people going to Kiesel and ordering Custom builds in this colour too.

I think it would look even better on a core Double Cut - that carve would be really shown off by the flip-flop colour - although I much prefer to see the wood grain than opaque colours myself.

I don't know what price they are selling for but they seem to be advertised at double the price so I assume they are more desirable because of that finish...

And more importantly...

Does this mean cargo shorts, wrap around sunglasses, and zip up track suit tops are coming back? Because I have a sh!t ton of those! :oops::rolleyes::p

Sooo...you're tellin me those things aren't in style anymore? Asking for a friend.:D

But seriously...I don't get it either. I mean other than it being a limited run kinda thing. I personally, would be willing to pay more for one of the first 500, but only because they came with a hard case. But that's just me.:cool:

I am very surprised that these are going for the numbers they are currently going for. I believe that as the PRS shop finishes building the 500 we will see a lot of price gouging on these. Once the hype on them passes or next year's exclusive run gets announced the shine will die down on it and they will be selling for a little over selling price. I definitely don't think they are worth the 250% increase in selling price that I am seeing on the sold listings section of Reverb. Those buyers aren't making a thoughtful decision. Mine will be arriving at some unknown date in the future. I plan to play it and use it. However, someday in the future should I decide it's not my cup of tea anymore, it is nice to know that I won't take a loss on it. I did debate selling it and getting a different color (midnight rose is nice), but i live only once and guitars are meant to be played.
To each their own, and if someone is willing to pay you 6k+ for your Nebula, don't let anything I say stop you.

Back