Anyone using attenuators?

Nice! What is that, a DC2?

This is my other one, the blue guitar is long gone (thank god)

ynL3Wy0.jpg

Yep it’s a Studio 22, plenty loud enough for me. Most of the time Master Volume is on about 1.5 and that’s gigging level, with seven other noise makers on stage!

Guitar almost looks green in this photo!;)

Yep it’s a Studio 22, plenty loud enough for me. Most of the time Master Volume is on about 1.5 and that’s gigging level, with seven other noise makers on stage!

Guitar almost looks green in this photo!;)

Yeah, that’s why I went back to boogie combos, they’re sofaking loud. I also think bad sound men see a combo and let you turn up louder. :confused:

I hated that guitar, one second it looked green and the next it looked blue. :mad:

Yeah, that’s why I went back to boogie combos, they’re sofaking loud. I also think bad sound men see a combo and let you turn up louder. :confused:

I hated that guitar, one second it looked green and the next it looked blue. :mad:

They are sneaky little feckers (the amps not the sound men)! Also they’re deceptively heavy for their size!

Was it a bluey-green or a greeny-blue? Ok, ok, I’ll stop! I shouldn’t be re-awakening your PTSD for allowing a blue guitar into the de-Blanc household!

So, you’re the first brave soul I’ve known who has tried one of those. Give me some realz. Please, of course.

The guy I got it from put it in there, along with doing a bunch of tube rolling. He thought he had it dialed in but offered me whatever speaker or tubes I wanted, and I just said I’d check it out they way he liked it. It’s also running EL34’s on the outside.

The attenuator works well? I dunno, it’s still always gonna be a loud AF amp no matter what, but now I can turn the MV up to 3. :p

Nice! What is that, a DC2?

This is my other one, the blue guitar is long gone (thank god)

ynL3Wy0.jpg

This makes me a sad panda. A .50 Caliber+ was my main (and most of the time, only) amp for 22 years, until I bought a MKV and sold the caliber. I wish I had kept it, as the guy I sold it to has since sold it on again. I love my MKV, but the .50 Cal is a great little amp!

This makes me a sad panda. A .50 Caliber+ was my main (and most of the time, only) amp for 22 years, until I bought a MKV and sold the caliber. I wish I had kept it, as the guy I sold it to has since sold it on again. I love my MKV, but the .50 Cal is a great little amp!

It really is a great amp! Perfect grab and go (for a boogie) pedal platform with an insane dirt channel.

I built the attenuator and it works pretty well. In fact I would say it works perfectly for getting overdriven tones from my little 5 watt Bud kit amp. I think what I want to do is get a lower wattage L-pad and build it into the amp chassis. There is enough room to put the controls on the back. I can take out my voltage divider attenuation circuit.

Ive just started getting into Tube amps, I usually just use my AxeFX III rig and still do. But last year I picked up an EVH 5153 50w EL34 and just couldn't use it at a decent volume and I recently picked up a JP-2C as well so I bought the Boss WAZA TAE after researching between it and the OX I decided to go with the Boss just felt like the connectivity and feature set was a bit better than the OX.

Back