Anyone try the Graphtech Resomax adjustable bridge on their PRS?

Ryan P

Anyone have any experience with the Graphtech Resomax adjustable stop tail? I know Schroeder and Mann are the “Go To’s”, but I’m in Canada so with the high shipping and exchange I’m not willing to pay $300 for a bridge. Long and Mcquade carries these though. Anyone?

What’s wrong with the stock stoptail?
I have the stock adjustable PRs stoptail but the saddle screws (and saddles) are very loose. It’s causing the high E, and G to sound dead like a Sitar. I’ve emailed PRS and called them twice but no one gets back to me.

I had an Epiphone Boneyard Joe Perry. I picked it up for really excellent money $295, Somebody Had clearly played the guitar a lot it was well played Well loved, The bridge's Saddles were highly worn Cut incorrect. The bridge needed to be replaced.
I rebuilt the guitar completely, Since it was 20 years old all of the electronics were oxidized I think the guy kept it in his garage. I ran PLEK too.
anyway I bought the reso Max, I bought both versions The metal saddles and the graphite saddles, I've done it twice now the Graphite saddles are tone thieves. The guitar gets considerably darker. I took the graphite ones out in less than 30 minutes of playing time. however all that being said the metallic one is fantastic it was night and day difference from the original Epiphone bridge, Hugely improved sustain. The Wire clips that held the Original bridge Saddle screws in buzzed a lot. So I had a very good experience with the NV1 version.
I sold the guitar for 900 dollars because it played so well, that was a fantastic playing guitar after that, I'm kind of sorry I sold that guitar, the sustain was every bit as good as a high end Les Paul, Maybe even better. All you had to do was play the guitar and you are happy to pay the thousand dollars.

I find it hard to believe resomax would be better than the PRS bridge, Probably equal, Not sure it would actually fit, be very careful about the dimensions, post width post diameters, measure twice, buy once.
but if you do try it I highly recommend the metallic saddles Version NV1.
I can't recommend the graphite string savers, highly dislike them.

Anyone have any experience with the Graphtech Resomax adjustable stop tail? I know Schroeder and Mann are the “Go To’s”, but I’m in Canada so with the high shipping and exchange I’m not willing to pay $300 for a bridge. Long and Mcquade carries these though. Anyone?

Contact us directly... shipping is much less than you think!

Back