Anyone seen a 2020 Silver Sky out in the wild?

RaySachs

I've been playing a 2018 Silver Sky for a couple months and I love the sound of it and like the playability, but I'm realizing I'm OK with the neck profile, but it's the one thing about the guitar I'm really not crazy about. It's been discussed that the new 2020 rosewood fretboard models have reduced the "shoulders" on the neck profile, giving he neck a rounder/deeper feel. That's how I'd describe my Robert Cray strat neck and I LOVE the feel of that. So I'd really like to play one of the new ones to see if I like it as much as the Cray. If I did, I'd actually think about "upgrading / side grading" to one of the new ones. A neck profile I liked more could make this amazing guitar almost perfect.

Looking around, it doesn't seem like they're out there yet. Everything Sweetwater has in stock and photos of are 2019 models. Anyone know of a shop that got 'em yet?

Thanks,

-Ray

MA Pete has a gold one that he should have any day, with the rosewood board. I have a Midnight Rose on order, but no eta. I have been looking for a maple neck version in the wild. Have not spotted one of those yet.

MA Pete has a gold one that he should have any day, with the rosewood board. I have a Midnight Rose on order, but no eta. I have been looking for a maple neck version in the wild. Have not spotted one of those yet.
OK, cool. So it sounds like they're slowly making their way into shops. May be a while yet, but I'll check one out when I can...

Thanks,

-Ray

That altered neck might suit me better?!
Different neck shapes don't usually trouble me at all, but I couldn't abide the Silver Sky one I tried out last year.

Back