Anyone know what the inside gold parts of the birds on my Tremonti actually are?

Michael B

Hey folks, wondering if someone knows what the insides of the birds are on my 2012 Tremonti. I think its Paua Heart. Its gold with white outlines of birds. I'll post a pic below.
Thanks ....Mike

All 2012 models have this. It is magical, mystery material. If I told you, I'd have to kill you. ;)

My understanding is the 'outside' of the birds is Corian, and the 'inside' is some composite material they found. I'm not crazy about them either, but no choice at the time.

I've seen them listing it as copper somewhere, but I might be wrong...since Paul's very obsessed with brass as having superior tonal properties, I can see why copper is a possible choice for him. :confused:

I believe it's a man made material that they conjured up, but not 100% sure. I like the looks of it on some certain finish colors, less on other colors. I'm still of the opinion that the original birds in either abalone or MOP look best across the board on all PRS colors. Just my opinion.

I believe it's a man made material that they conjured up, but not 100% sure. I like the looks of it on some certain finish colors, less on other colors. I'm still of the opinion that the original birds in either abalone or MOP look best across the board on all PRS colors. Just my opinion.

+1, personally the old school birds are still the best, actually it was the plain jane birds that turned me on to PRS.

Back