Any women on this forum?

I totally would if I had a punk gig or a rock rhythm gig. Can't beat the One for no-frills rockin'.

One of my problems with considering a second PRS is the fact that I have yet to see one that can top my first PRS. I saw a $900 PRS at the store yesterday and wondered why I'd buy it, when I have one that's so awesome.

My thinking was obviously errant. If I had a gig, I don't know that I'd want to take Elly May out of the apartment. Now I'm curious about this SE One.

I don’t think the NF is anything close to a P90, but good on ya for getting NF while they were on the market.

Yeah, I liked the SAS NF so much that I bought a backup. Its not close to the P90 sound but it (and the Gibson) are as close as I've gotten until now. My gibson has a much more gritty / grunty / aggressive sound so maybe those pickups are much closer than the NFs.

I'm hoping that the NFs make a comeback.

Pick up a used SE with P90's. They can be had for $350 and you will get a good P90 experience without loosing a current player.

I hope I can find one without a WF neck. Thats my main issue with the SEs. Its odd because I'm fine with Pattern, Standard/Regular, even some Pattern Regulars... But my hand can automatically tell when a neck is Wide Fat and it no likey.

One of my problems with considering a second PRS is the fact that I have yet to see one that can top my first PRS. I saw a $900 PRS at the store yesterday and wondered why I'd buy it, when I have one that's so awesome.

My thinking was obviously errant. If I had a gig, I don't know that I'd want to take Elly May out of the apartment. Now I'm curious about this SE One.

If I won't gig it, I won't buy it. If I ever decide to make the commitment to do a PS, I want it to be my number one gig machine. Not that I gig all that much, but if I get one I want to wear that sucker out.

I the SE One is pretty much universally loved for what it is: a simple, no-frills, just-play-the-thing tone machine. It's its own thing that isn't matched by anything else from PRS.

I hope I can find one without a WF neck. Thats my main issue with the SEs. Its odd because I'm fine with Pattern, Standard/Regular, even some Pattern Regulars... But my hand can automatically tell when a neck is Wide Fat and it no likey.

Understandable. I think Pattern has a little less shoulder than Wide/Fat, and the Standard and Regulars have a slightly narrower nut width. Some of the SE necks vary, too. I had an SE Soapbar II with a W/F neck that was a huge C shape and the nut was an extra 32nd of an inch wide.

Seems like they're putting Wide/Thin on more and more of the SE models though, which makes me sad because I like the big necks.

Cool! Does your 408 have a stoptail or trem? I just did Rider's rosewood treatment on my Indian Rosewood 408 and I think it turned out even better than the process did on my Brazilian rosewood necked guitars. It seems like more 'came off' of the Indian Rosewood, like it was a looser grain or something.

Yep, raw necks are awesome, arent they?Since I moved the recent guitars, I've now only got 2 guitars with gloss necks: Korina McCarty and a Gibson. Everything else is raw wood.

I cant seem to keep humidity trapped in my house. I might need to check the window treatments. My SAS has a bit of fret sprout every winter. Its not super bad but it will aggravate the left hand. Until I can solve the issue, I'm going to have to keep them in cases.

It is a trem. One of the things that surprised me is that the grain on this particular one doesn't feel as loose as the IRW on my McSoapy. It's a fair bit smoother.

My wife got some goof at the factory to hold it so she could get a picture.

ComingHome.jpg

I am slowly learning. This week, the wife and I are making a list of guitars that are going to end up on Reverb. The Purge will be real.

Being the resident southerner/redneck...let me offer up some good ol southern hospitality...
Seems I have 2 empty String Trees that are currently available to forum members who need to hide guitars, in the event of an emergency forced purge situations..Simply send me the endangered PRSi, before it's too late. They will be loved and pampered daily, and have other guitars to play with, they will be much happier with me because I run a No Purge establishment...of course because I am indeed a gracious southern gentleman, AND you are a forum brother...This storage and care package is absolutely free of charge..oh, and your welcome...:D

Being the resident southerner/redneck...let me offer up some good ol southern hospitality...
Seems I have 2 empty String Trees that are currently available to forum members who need to hide guitars, in the event of an emergency forced purge situations..Simply send me the endangered PRSi, before it's too late. They will be loved and pampered daily, and have other guitars to play with, they will be much happier with me because I run a No Purge establishment...of course because I am indeed a gracious southern gentleman, AND you are a forum brother...This storage and care package is absolutely free of charge..oh, and your welcome...:D
Can’t blame a forum brother for tryin’!!o_O

WTF is wrong with you? Haven’t we taught you anything?!?!?!! :D
Step away from “The Sergio”, keeping your hands away from his mouth, do not make direct eye contact and don’t make a sound.

Repeat after me 1 good, 2 better, 3 great....

27 (Bodia)

In fact I think in the guitar bible 27 is a Bodia.
However this number is subject to change, at will!

You see where this is going?!o_O

Back