Any women on this forum?

Lol.

Yeah, mine are moved to their cases for the moment (until I sort out the humidity issues in my house)... It sucks having to go all the way to the case, open the case, remove from case, etc. Its hard work but somebodys got to do it.

I think my favorite is a tie between my 408 Brazilian and my Cu24 30th Anniversary. Every now and then my DC3 or McCarty Korina or my SAS NF will slip in and usurp those two. Through my PRS journey, I've discovered a love for raw wood necks so my favorites reflect that. My 'trapped on a desert island with only room for one guitar' guitar would be either the 408 or the SAS NF because I can get multiple distinct sounds from each of those.

On a side note, I'm proud of myself. I stumbled upon an uber lightweight 509 at a guitar shop this past weekend. I played it for a bit; it did sound strattier than my old 513 and it had that typical PRS glorious playability (which was shocking in comparison with the late model Firebird that I had just put down prior to picking up the 509). I then tried to figure out what I could move to bring it home with me. Nothing. I couldnt move anything. So I handed it back to the salesperson. And walked away with only some NYXLs and F-one oil. My checking account thanked me....

I'm right there with you on the 408 love (Indian, though, not Brazilian). Bonus that it was finished on my birthday. It's in my top 4 for sure. And the raw wood feel - fell in love w/that w/my BRW 513. That was something of a revelation to me. The feel of a crackwood neck is just glorious.

And most of mine are cased, too (or in gig bags). I do have a handful on a rack so they're available for quick action. I'd love to have a dedicated room where I could put them on hangers or another rack, but that's not happening any time in the immediate future. Problem is, I'm not sure how much of a not-immediate future is left!

I'm right there with you on the 408 love (Indian, though, not Brazilian). Bonus that it was finished on my birthday. It's in my top 4 for sure. And the raw wood feel - fell in love w/that w/my BRW 513. That was something of a revelation to me. The feel of a crackwood neck is just glorious.

And most of mine are cased, too (or in gig bags). I do have a handful on a rack so they're available for quick action. I'd love to have a dedicated room where I could put them on hangers or another rack, but that's not happening any time in the immediate future. Problem is, I'm not sure how much of a not-immediate future is left!

Cool! Does your 408 have a stoptail or trem? I just did Rider's rosewood treatment on my Indian Rosewood 408 and I think it turned out even better than the process did on my Brazilian rosewood necked guitars. It seems like more 'came off' of the Indian Rosewood, like it was a looser grain or something.

Yep, raw necks are awesome, arent they?Since I moved the recent guitars, I've now only got 2 guitars with gloss necks: Korina McCarty and a Gibson. Everything else is raw wood.

I cant seem to keep humidity trapped in my house. I might need to check the window treatments. My SAS has a bit of fret sprout every winter. Its not super bad but it will aggravate the left hand. Until I can solve the issue, I'm going to have to keep them in cases.

On a side note, I'm proud of myself. I stumbled upon an uber lightweight 509 at a guitar shop this past weekend. I played it for a bit; it did sound strattier than my old 513 and it had that typical PRS glorious playability (which was shocking in comparison with the late model Firebird that I had just put down prior to picking up the 509). I then tried to figure out what I could move to bring it home with me. Nothing. I couldnt move anything. So I handed it back to the salesperson. And walked away with only some NYXLs and F-one oil. My checking account thanked me....

I had an identical experience. Fire Red 509, played like a dream but just didn't sing for me and I couldn't justify moving anything on. So I too walked out the shop feeling smug. A couple of weeks later I picked up a 594 with P90's. A lot of conversations ensued on here and elsewhere to justify logically what I already knew. I bought it 2 days ago and realised that feeling smug is no defence to the strike of a great guitar that sings from the moment you pick it up!

I had an identical experience. Fire Red 509, played like a dream but just didn't sing for me and I couldn't justify moving anything on. So I too walked out the shop feeling smug. A couple of weeks later I picked up a 594 with P90's. A lot of conversations ensued on here and elsewhere to justify logically what I already knew. I bought it 2 days ago and realised that feeling smug is no defence to the strike of a great guitar that sings from the moment you pick it up!
I just love the unique sound of p90’s, they can create such a sweet sound and in a turn they almost break up more than a humbucker!

They don’t seem to sound as coarse as some humbuckers.

I know there’s technical reasons for it, but I do like them.

I’m sure someone will explain why?

I was laughing at this because I did that without even thinking about it, took someone else to point it out to me :)

Welcome, good to see you. The world needs some less random pedal boards!

Lol. Now all of my pedals are awesome (they do what they do well), however, they wouldnt be on the board if they didnt fit the color scheme.

I'd say that pedal purpose and pedal color were equal priorities. Ok... That sounds wrong. But its so true.

I havent played a p90 guitar yet. The closest I've come to that sound is my SAS NF and the Gibson that I just picked up with mini-humbuckers.

I might have to look for a PRS P90... But then again, what would I move? Oh the stress. Oh the dilemma. Lol.

I havent played a p90 guitar yet. The closest I've come to that sound is my SAS NF and the Gibson that I just picked up with mini-humbuckers.

I might have to look for a PRS P90... But then again, what would I move? Oh the stress. Oh the dilemma. Lol.
Pick up a used SE with P90's. They can be had for $350 and you will get a good P90 experience without loosing a current player.

Pick up a used SE with P90's. They can be had for $350 and you will get a good P90 experience without loosing a current player.

This! Or, an SE One....fun little beasts.

I can’t recommend the SE Soapbars enough. Every time I see one for sale I think about buying it.

I have a semi-hollow SE 277 with soapbars and it's really good. And I tried a number of SE soapbars in the lengthy 'play everything' campaign I undertook across the county's music shops. I also tried the Chris Robertson SE signature with one soapbar and one humbucker. That made a great sound but it was heavy, more weight than I would want for playing gigs.

The trouble with 594's is simply that nothing else compares and I kept coming back to the one I got at the weekend just because the sound of the pickups was richer / better / what I wanted and I couldn't talk myself out of it :D

Lol. Now all of my pedals are awesome (they do what they do well), however, they wouldnt be on the board if they didnt fit the color scheme.

I'd say that pedal purpose and pedal color were equal priorities. Ok... That sounds wrong. But its so true.
You can’t beat a bit of colour co-ordination! Even if it’s a rainbow effect to control the OCD urges!

Back