Any of the new S2 Models includes Piezo ?

No, but you could always put a Graphtech Ghost Piezo in it. PTC even put one on a Mushok Baritone a while back.

No, but you could always put a Graphtech Ghost Piezo in it. PTC even put one on a Mushok Baritone a while back.
I put one in my ZM SE semi-hollow and love it. If I do get the S2 singlecut semi-hollow, I may do it to that one too. Just adds to the versatility of the guitar.

I need 2 different outputs for Piezo and Magnetics.

The otherway doesn't seem cool to me, not useful for live purposes, those splits and stuff..

I need 2 different outputs for Piezo and Magnetics.

The otherway doesn't seem cool to me, not useful for live purposes, those splits and stuff..
You can do that with the Graph Tech Ghost stuff. I have piezos in my CE24 and CE22 and they both run dual output jacks.

You can do that with the Graph Tech Ghost stuff. I have piezos in my CE24 and CE22 and they both run dual output jacks.
Just need the right cable to split the output. I have one, easy to use and does not hurt output quality.

You either need a TRS to split TS cable (one end will be TRS going to two Mono cables) or just a TRS to some box that splits it. But it will split it.

Just need the right cable to split the output. I have one, easy to use and does not hurt output quality.
I use wireless so I can't go with a TRS jack. I have to have 2 separate jacks so each gets it's own wireless pack.
It's very simple to wire the Graph Tech system with 2 separate jacks.

Yeah but this require routing the body to accomodate the two jack panel.. Did you do it by yourself or with the help of a qualified luthier?

I use wireless so I can't go with a TRS jack. I have to have 2 separate jacks so each gets it's own wireless pack.
It's very simple to wire the Graph Tech system with 2 separate jacks.

Yes. I also use wireless. Can you please show us the process if you have it done? Show us the guitar :)

You can use the stereo jack and a short TRS to mono splitter plugged into the jack, with one cable feeding the piezo wireless and the other feeding magnetic wireless. I have used the Planet Waves Male TRS to dual Female mono.

Related question: would it be easier bridge-wise to install an aftermarket piezo in the Mira SH due to the pickguard?

With the Ghost system, every saddle had it's own small wire and what Graphtech recommends is to run them out and under the pick guard, or if you have pickup rings, getting a small file and filing little notches in the ring and running the wires into them. This depends on what bridge/saddle you're using also. The Floyd that Graphtech sells has all the wires running out the bottom and you have to enlarge the hole from the Tremolo route to the cavity route.

Hans had Skitchy put one on a Muskok...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;108228 said:
The PTC (Skitchy) put a ghost piezo system in a Mushok Baritone for me. I know of at least one more besides this one. Might be worth looking into if you're not married to the specs you noted above. It really sounds fantastic with the long scale. It has a dreadnaught mode and a jumbo mode. It also blends very well with the magnetic pups (Tremonti).

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back