Any chance of a vertical 2x12 from PRS?

:)

My H and Custom sound fantastic with my new Fulldrive 3, and with my Barber LTDv2 and Gain Changer into the clean channel. I mean really really great tones. The clean channel on both amps is great and I hear the Archon is just as good. In fact, so does my Compact Direct Drive... and Timmy. Anyone who wants a great "clean channel with pedals" amp would be lucky to have one of these. (I wish I could hear my old Bogner Red through these things!)

Throw in a really good OD channel and you've got a great amp.

I totally get the vert 2x12 thing. :)

prs-boogie-outdoor1.jpg

What else would I do?

I have been playing more with the guitar volume rolled back. The amp cleans up really well, especially on the neck pup. I think the only possible reason you might not like this amp for classic rock is that it has so much punchy low end.

I have also been playing the clean channel with a mild setting on my OD808 (10:30, noon, 1:30). Wow, is that an incredible bluesy thing I have going on.

The Archon is one of the first amps that I actually like rolling back the volume to clean things up, PRS really does this amp a disservice by pigeon holing it to the high gain/metal crowd. It is so much more versatile than their official videos show.

They have to have some product differentiation. They already have the Custom, which has less gain than the Archon but way more than something like a JCM800. IMHO

The Archon is one of the first amps that I actually like rolling back the volume to clean things up, PRS really does this amp a disservice by pigeon holing it to the high gain/metal crowd. It is so much more versatile than their official videos show.

I have already started to realize how versatile this amp can be. The next question I have int he back of my mind is where I wonder if you can dial in an HXDA tone or do I still need to buy an HXDA to go full vintage?

I have already started to realize how versatile this amp can be. The next question I have int he back of my mind is where I wonder if you can dial in an HXDA tone or do I still need to buy an HXDA to go full vintage?
If you can swing it, I'd recommend both. I haven't tried to dial in the Archon to see how close it can get yet, but the HXDA is definitely something special.

Back