Another NVD

https://imgur.com/a/XR1XQg2
Update on this Blue beauty.. Thought we had a nut problem, gave the guitar to my luthier ( Manuel Delgado in Nashville) for a nut evaluation and set up . As I could get a setup, then in a day it would settle unplayable for the buzzing.Come to find out the pitch of the neck is off……Back to The Guitar Santuary it goes. So far they have been ok to deal with. Thank you Brian Meador at GS. I am bummed but as it’s a set neck, well you know…..
Those of you in Nashvegas, check out Manuel, a true example of a luthier( Delgado Guitars).

Sucks!

But you have Manny Deldago as a luthier?

Yea, Covid, Friday build, 18 mos backup, who knows . I am not happy but things happen. Just a bit more about Manuel, there are some AMAZING guitar techs here in Nashville. Gruhn ,Carter Vintage, Joe Glaser, all these guys are TOP of the heap. I didn’t write tech originally, I said “ luthier”. I can set up a guitar no problem, but Manuel builds “ over 40 types of stringed instruments “ Ukes, Dobros,banjo quintos for Tex Mex style,Bouzouki, some I cannot spell.” I need to photo some of his work. Yea, I know it’s just a Vela, but I love a Vela and this one is sooocool. Things happen……
As a retired knifemaker I understand craftsmanship and that was the mindset in which I chose my bud Manuel.

And Alnus, he may even build something Scottish!:cool:

Last edited:
Wow...Sybo...That's a gorgeous Vela...I hope you get it settled soon.

PS: Big fan of Carter Vintage...last time my wife and I were down, they were great to chat with.

Back