Another "Guess the NGD" thread

aristotle

I'm pretty set with guitars at the moment, but I've been wanting a knock-about that I can take anywhere and just not worry about it. I've been using my Gibson USA SG for that purpose, but while it sounds...fine....it does have tuning stability issues, and I've just grown tired of it. I want it to be...well...different. A few tonal options that go beyond what the old SG will do. Maybe a little funky as well. Backup for gigs, or maybe even primary for some of the crazier places we play at. Tuning stability and playability at a reasonable price means PRS to me.

I took a chance sight (and sound) unseen, but it worked out perfect. Any guesses? I'll reveal tomorrow...

resize

I decided I wanted Fugly... So Seafoam Green it was. I dig the vibe of the thing. Sounds and plays great, but the magic of this thing, for my tastes, is in the neck pickup.

I will say that the one thing that I miss with these S2 guitars relative to core models is that you don't get that crack cocaine smell when you first open up the case (there isn't a case....there is a gig bag....and evidently they don't spray the inside of the gig bag with crack with S2's.) OK, so I don't know what crack cocaine actually smells like, but the smell of a new core guitar is just as addictive...)

Vela2_zpsdvexsfgr.jpg

I meant "Fugly" in the best sense of the word. It's actually kind of cool looking. Just getting ready to try it out at band practice. Warm ups through the Rockerverb 50 is promissing.

0F1F0944-CEC8-49CD-90BB-7554D172ABDE_zpslmjwiuzb.jpg

I love seafoam. Seriously. Such a great, traditional, rock and roll color! :top:

Great axe. I want one.

I have never been a big fan of seafoam or that body shape but that combo on the Vela is bringing me around. Looks like the perfect "beater" you were referring to. I like it.

Congrats!

Back