And the winning number is....6736!

clasbtenn

Yesterday, Brian and Corey, from Brian's Guitars, were in the private stock vault choosing quilt billets for 5 private stock guitars.
Brian told me that he went through every single quilt billet there and chose the 5 best. He sent me the photos and I picked my favorite one.

I wrote him back and mentioned that I wished I was able to be there. This is what I got back...

Thank you Paul, and Tina for the photo! :) And, thank you Brian, Corey, and whomever else happened to be in the vault helping these fine lady and gentlemen choose and organize the wood.
IMG_0633_zpsjp2ekydc.jpg

Since this will most likely be my only private stock guitar that I am participating in, I decided to make it a 594, pomegranate top, matching back plates, bird inlaid in the heel, and a black stinger.
The eagle will be pink rhodonite with MOP Sparkle surround.
pinkrhodonite.jpg

The birds will be sparkle MOP with pink rhodonite surrounds, braz fret board and head stock wood, graphite truss rod, wood fret board and head stock binding, paisley case with red markings, cranberry interior. Stock 594 electronics, and I requested the same bronze-type two piece bridge and stop tail as the original 26 had.

Some of you may be thinking "Pink!"...yuck! However, the rhodonite sample on the inlay page showed a very pale pink, soft and not pepto bismol in color. The bird surrounds are very thin, so it should look delicate and coordinated. Hey!, I'm confident in my manhood. ;)

One thing about the quilt top piece...The photo with Tina and Paul does not show the same detailing that I saw when I got the photo. The top is very 3-D looking across It's entirety, which is what I wanted. Had the top been a good looking top but not 3-D enough, I would have passed this time around.

Last edited:
That sounds like an outstanding build! I think that pomegranate will look great on that quilt top and match your bird inlay selection perfectly.

Thanks, Tosca! I have a pale pink Vigier guitar that I get compliments on from all different types of people. We played in a biker bar one night, and the bikers loved it because it reminded them of a '59 Cadillac.

Sounds like awesome specs for a PS to me, sir! My Bonnie Pink CU24 is one of my absolute favorites, no concerns about my manhood either so you're in good company! ;)

Awesome! Congrats on some great choices. You can't go wrong in the "pink" family! Now for the wait...

Congrats! can't wait to see how it turns out. I LOVE the pink PS eagle look too.

she will turn out FAB, the top is killer and the pink eagle looks very fetching
looking forward to see this gorgeous guitar

OPEN! That's funny! Very alert of you to notice that. I sure didn't. Thank you.

Also, thank you all for the kind comments and salutations. It IS very much appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Back