All time fave...

Well after letting it acclimate for a few hours(thankfully temps were reasonable), I got it out to just be sure everything functions and there was no damage. Initial reaction is that I dig it! Needs strings, wound strings are pretty dead. Quick plug into the Divided by 30 FTR37 clean channel is the pickups are cool. The tapped are maybe a little thinner than care for but all 3 humbucker positions sounded cool. The bigsby seems to stay in tune well enough even with old strings. He sent it detuned, with the spring out and I was pretty surprised how quick I was able to tune it up. Will do a little more exploration after new strings and some minor setup tweaks. I actually like this color quite a bit, although not easy to photograph. He said it’s vintage mahogany I think? The hog has enough reddish hue to make me happy. Might like it better than cherry. Enough blabbering. Here’s a quick pic- excuse the mess of cables.

8hQ2pNQ.jpg
Dig! Really, really dig!

Played it through my Shiva for awhile today, just kinda learning what it does. Super fun guitar! I liked the coil tapped tones as much as the humbucker with medium gain. Some nice jangle going on. Great bluesy and classic rock with both. I could totally see modding with some mini switches instead of the push pull as that’s my preference for switching.

Interested to see how you like the Bigsby. I've played them before, but most (even the REALLY nice old 335 I played) wouldn't hold tune so I didn't give them much of a chance. My buddies store had one that I really liked but didn't buy it because A) it had the Bigsby, and B) he had that flametop core Mira at the same time and I REALLY wanted that guitar.
Interested to see how you like the Bigsby. I've played them before, but most (even the REALLY nice old 335 I played) wouldn't hold tune so I didn't giinive them much of a chance. My buddies store had one that I really liked but didn't buy it because A) it had the Bigsby, and B) he had that flametop core Mira at the same time and I REALLY wanted that guitar.
Forgive me for just popping in, new forum member and like that. I have been wanting to buy a Starla Bigsby for about a dozen years and finally find myself able to do so. I have searched the forum for a history of this guitar and can't seem to stumble onto the right space. My son, who is a bit of guitar jockey, said something from about 1998 is probably what I am after but would like to know more before I make a purchase. Again forgive the intrusion but forums are new to me.

Forgive me for just popping in, new forum member and like that. I have been wanting to buy a Starla Bigsby for about a dozen years and finally find myself able to do so. I have searched the forum for a history of this guitar and can't seem to stumble onto the right space. My son, who is a bit of guitar jockey, said something from about 1998 is probably what I am after but would like to know more before I make a purchase. Again forgive the intrusion but forums are new to me.
maybe this is a liitle info for you
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/starla-s2-vs-core-model.15877/

Welcome, hewho! It’s always good to have another with canine references in his online moniker!

Back