Alex Lifeson surprise visit to Ishibashi Music in Japan

megaboogie

408 Birds in the Sky
http://www.rush.com/alex-lifeson-surprise-visit-to-ishibashi-music-shibuya-in-tokyo/

I thought this was really cool.
Rush is not touring in Japan or anything, this was Alex's random visit to a guitar shop there, and I guess he agreed to do a short video and signed some of his Gibson and PRS guitars for the store.
Alex is such a nice, down to earth guy, besides being an incredibly talented musician.
I saw Rush live last year for the first time, and I can't wait to see them again.

That was just incredible. Really nice to know that at least one of your childhood heroes lives up to the legend you've created in your own mind about him! Alex Lifeson is arguably the biggest influence both on my desire to play guitar in the first place and the way that I play (and, I've been chasing his tone on All The World's A Stage since I was 11 years old and the record first came out). The more time goes by and the more I learn about him, Geddy and Neil, the more impressed I am not just by their continued excellence as musicians but their excellence as human beings.

I spent a good chunk of an evening with Alex (and Geddy!) about 15 years ago, and I can confirm that he is an absolute gentleman and a ridiculously nice dude.

He seems like a genuinely nice human being... Which I admire more than how well somebody plays guitar.

Wow, thanks for sharing. Alex is such an awesome person and guitarist. He's the reason I have my CE24, my only PRS (for now)

Awesome video. What I like is that he seems to be truly stoked and excited about his signature models. He seemed real excited about the PRS in particular. Great stuff.

Awesome video. What I like is that he seems to be truly stoked and excited about his signature models. He seemed real excited about the PRS in particular. Great stuff.

Yeah he really seems very proud of his sig. model.
His PS sig. model is out of my price range, but I definitely would love to try a PRS acoustic in more affordable price range.

Back