Alex Lifeson To Auction Guitars

WA Paul

All dogs go to heaven
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...DWHLRsM577gYtNFAcgrTxfKiyez85_y5p-FSuV9fYWXPo

“Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson will give fans with deep pockets a chance to own part of his legendary guitar collection with a new event from Julien's Auctions.

Their auction Property From the Archives of Alex Lifeson will be the centerpiece of their Music Icons event, taking place Sunday, May 22, live from New York City's Hard Rock Cafe and online at JuliensAuctions.com.

Property From the Archives of Alex Lifeson will include more than 100 lots featuring signature guitars owned and played by the 68-year-old Rush co-founder, along with instruments, wardrobe, gear and memorabilia owned and used by Lifeson, which will be available to the public for the first time.”

Wonder what the catalog ($75) looks like…

Julien's catalogs are always pricey. I'd have bought the Zappa catalog, but it was too much for my blood given that it was a lot of household-type stuff.

The auctions, on the other hand...are also usually way more than I'm willing to spend. I will say, though, that the live auctions can be a hoot to watch. The auctioneers usually have a sense of humor and will joke with the bidders to try to get them to bid more ("The increase is only $100. That's less than you'll pay for the parking ticket you're getting right now.")

Back