Afternoons Work...

Grizzlee

Not Qualified
Took a look time deliberating before hanging them up, still not sure if I'm going to sleep tonight...

Problem is I'm short on space so maybe they are safer up out of the way

G.

LOL
my daughter said "you really need to put the map in the middle, now"
Maybe I should have done that before I took the snap

Hercules hangers have never let me down. As long as they're solidly attached (hopefully to a stud in the wall), you're good to go.

Glad to hear that, they really do appear well made, so fingers crossed

Very nice!
I have eight of those Herc hangers on my walls at home.
Just took my time locating the studs in the wall, and two screws per hanger into the studs and they are very strong.
I do not think I would trust the drywall anchors with a lotta $$$ hanging on the walls.

Thank for the comments all, the wall is dry lined or dot & dab as it is sometimes called which is a combination of block work, and plaster board with an air gap of around half an inch between.

The local DIY store only had wall plugs or drywall anchors, neither of which I trusted enough on their own, but an internet search found something called a DryLine Pro fixing which appears to be a combination of a wall plug and a drywall fixing in one piece, so I gave those a go.

They seem pretty solid and needless to say I put some serious screws in there, which double up nicely as coat hooks on the other side of the wall :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back