A Quest Is Over

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
It took over 10 years, but I finally got my hands on something I've wanted since it was announced.

I'm a big Randy Rhoads fan, and since they made the announcement, I've wanted to get my hands on a bottle of the commemorative wine his sister's winery put out. The problem is that the state store system here didn't sell it and couldn't order it - and if they could have, I'd have had to buy a case of it.

But I finally found a way to get my hands on some, so now I have this...

rhoadswine1.jpg

Haven't opened it yet, but I think we're going to drink one of them. I told my wife I can't believe it's finally happened after all these years.

Too funny & too cool at the same time!!! Randy vino.
I can't count how many times I played Crazy Train back in my cover band days, always made me feel like a rockstar with that opening riff.
Just think of what he could have done with a little more time on this planet.

Oh, that's way cool! I've got a bottle of Hendrix vodka, and Trooper beer on the shelf over my amp. I've had the Trooper beer, and like it. But I never opened the Hendrix vodka. Which turned out to be a good thing since the lawsuit shut that endeavor down. Liquor List has unopened bottles priced at $1000. Empty bottles go for $60 on fleabay

Oh, that's way cool! I've got a bottle of Hendrix vodka, and Trooper beer on the shelf over my amp. I've had the Trooper beer, and like it. But I never opened the Hendrix vodka. Which turned out to be a good thing since the lawsuit shut that endeavor down. Liquor List has unopened bottles priced at $1000. Empty bottles go for $60 on fleabay

All you have to do is wait until the price for an unopened bottle of Hendrix gets up into the PS range, and you've got it made! Woo-Hooooo!

I don't remember the Hendrix vodka, but I've had the Trooper beer and like it as well. I've only seen one bottle in person, and it's the one I have. Got it at a bar in Cleveland while watching Vintage Trouble, and I had my buddy carry it out in his coat. The Randy wine is above my recording computer for now, next to that bottle.

I found some Trooper in cans at a local place, and I was going to buy two cans until my wife said, "You haven't seen this before, and you never found the bottles again, so you better get more." I think they only had four, but they soon had none. As if that wasn't cool enough, when my buddy and I went to Cleveland to see Tremonti in September (different bar), they had an ad up that they had Trooper. So I got a can. Turned out they had two promo Trooper beer coozies left. Not for long - we got both of them.

I believe Iron Maiden has a liquor coming out - I'd like to find a bottle of that as well.

I don't remember the Hendrix vodka, but I've had the Trooper beer and like it as well. I've only seen one bottle in person, and it's the one I have. Got it at a bar in Cleveland while watching Vintage Trouble, and I had my buddy carry it out in his coat. The Randy wine is above my recording computer for now, next to that bottle.

I found some Trooper in cans at a local place, and I was going to buy two cans until my wife said, "You haven't seen this before, and you never found the bottles again, so you better get more." I think they only had four, but they soon had none. As if that wasn't cool enough, when my buddy and I went to Cleveland to see Tremonti in September (different bar), they had an ad up that they had Trooper. So I got a can. Turned out they had two promo Trooper beer coozies left. Not for long - we got both of them.

I believe Iron Maiden has a liquor coming out - I'd like to find a bottle of that as well.

Sweet. I know they were going to release a 666 version of the beer, upping the alcohol content from 4.7% to 6.66%

Back