A Happy ALMOST NGD....again!!!

drawshot

Just one more...and that's it!
So....there I was...off to get milk and laundry detergent...and got a response note from my local shop about a brand new 2016 S2 Vela.

I had seen it the day before, while looking around...and while the color wasn't my favorite of the options this year, I walked out of there with the seed planted deep in the dome. That night, I sent an email to ask a couple questions...and while out today, I got the answers.

After a gallon of 2% and two bottles of Purex... I stepped into a new S2 Vela, that I pick up next month! It plays SO nice. Comfortable, unique, and built like a tank, from what I can tell.

:-D

And we're already in talks about ordering my first Core model.

I...clearly...have issues.

Pics to come once I take possession. I got the Tobacco Burst model. Kinda matches my SE245.

No issues.... the Vela is a great guitar!
Wait till you get to spend some quality bonding time with it...;)

I could have EASILY spent an hour in the store, tooling around with it. I think I knew it was going to be mine, right around the 3rd chord...but had to pretend like I was seriously contemplating it, so they don't think I'm easy.

Mark 《------ is easy

Now that is a story I will have to remember. "I'm going to the store to pick up some essentials, i'll be right back !!!
It was sitting right below the Purex, so I thought it might get my clothes cleaner and bought it."
Congrats on your new addition !!! Intervention will be offered at this years PRS Experience. My wife has signed me up !!!

So.....'next month' wasn't really in the cards.

I picked it up today. :)

Two hours of play time later, I'm in love. The Vela has SO much versatility. I ran it through everything I could think of (granted, my musical arsenal is small). Blues...classic rock...grungy-alternative (think Nirvana and Pearl Jam)...light metal...and it took it all in stride.

I'm so overwhelmingly impressed with this thing. I can't wait to broaden my horizons and push some limits!!!

Photos coming in a day or so. I'll take a couple 'family pics' with the Vela and her 4 PRS sisters, too. If I snag my son's Squier, I can play in the photo bomb thread, as well.

For giggles....a family photo of my 5 amazing toys...and a couple of some nice looking (to me, at least) tops.

The family.

My SE 245

My CE24

My SE CU24 (with SD 59's)

My SE Tremonti Custom (with SD Pearly Gates)

Nice! They have a used one near me that I'd like to check out.

Back