A Beat Up PRS … Anyone Have One?

Bob H.

Just curious to see a well worn, beat-up PRS. I’m not talking about a chip in the finish. I mean a road worn guitar. I only see clean, beautiful examples. Thanks.

Just curious to see a well worn, beat-up PRS. I’m not talking about a chip in the finish. I mean a road worn guitar. I only see clean, beautiful examples. Thanks.
ST7A2VF.jpg

I can find pics on google... but I'm not able to supply any pics myself. Interested to see who might have some real-ic'd PRSi here.

You can't really see the dings on mine unless you look closely on mine. I picked up a Santana SE from Candyman Strings and Things which is a music shop in New Mexico (through Reverb), it got shipped to where I am - which is in Michigan. It was sold to me new, the shop owner messaged me himself to re-assure me that it was new.

When I got it I was disappointed to see alot of small dings and scuffs OK it, throughout the body and the headstock. I also noticed it was shipped in a Fender box as opposed to it's original box inside of a bigger box (which is how new PRS guitars are shipped anyway). So I confronted the owner about it. He then told me the tech performed a set up to make sure everything was good and ready for me to play. When I played it, it had one of the worst setups I ever played. He told me that it was set up great and must have been acclimated but I let it acclimate for 72 hours before opening it. So I'm sure it was either used or a in store model and he just didn't want to admit it.

So I took it into a shop here and they set it up, worked on the frets and installed new pickups. Plays perfect and sounds great now. I won't trust the Candyman Strings and Things shop anymore and I did give them a so-so middle of the road review. I just don't fully trust them now.

ALL of mine were purchased used , all were in extremely good shape .. going back over 20 years and all still look amazing. We love our birds around here, and moons too ... and the occasionl fish , camel or knot

I find PRS folks tend to treat their instruments much better than most. I also see VERY few onstage at the club level.

My SG Special looks like I played it since 1967, which I did, if that makes you feel any better.

It was also modded in 1971 by a lunatic if that helps. But show us your well-worn, beat-up PRS!

jrZzCbF.jpg

Here's a Core Mira I bought. The previous owner had it listed in "Very Good" condition. Pics were all from a distance, and there weren't that many of them. I didn't really care because it was less than $600.

First pic looks pretty good. The frets were a nasty greenish color. Definitely played hard

cSHAART.jpg

3qwMG3w.jpg

fQbhPaR.jpg

MczPfQJ.jpg

LqpY34I.jpg

fSR6cBG.jpg

jefsJG3.jpg

ym7Iea9.jpg

pB6uy13.jpg

XxA0Cpo.jpg

W3yj1R4.jpg

Qbuk4IQ.jpg

u33ZpbC.jpg

3bXzGI9.jpg

HrXYZw7.jpg

Here's one I've been messing around with recently...

Back