97 prs ce22 ten top?

Prs_Jon

prs_zpsxxf4ryfv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]I picked this up fairly cheap due to a few minor chips. I've always wanted one and finally got one! I did some research but most ce's do not have a ten top, also a 3 piece top. This also has the dragon 1 pickups and most others have the dragon II's. Why is this one odd?

Last edited:
Earlier CE's also had Dragon 1's. My 95 does. They changed to Dragon 2's in the late 90's I believe. It isn't surprising that yours has D1's. Still need pics!

Thanks, anyone know if this is the wide fat or thin neck? I can't tell by markings, also notice the previous owner wrote his address, name and when he bought it, pretty cool.

Real nice looking CE! Didn't know there was the option of 10 tops

THAT is an awesome find. I'd rock that no matter how many chips she had. Excellent find!

yeah it's pretty nice and there's only actually a few chips, I didn't care at all for the $950 CAD price tag. Original case, no fret wear at all, it's set up perfect, super low, sounds great!

Three piece top?!?!
My god it's a shame!!
Not really. The intent was to use materials that they could not use on a Custom but that were perfectly serviceable. Someone buying a CE knew what they were getting and didn't mind that it wasn't a Custom 10 top, and did not carry the Custom 10 top price.

Back