8 months with my 594. Honeymoon long over and

Tag

Its the best sounding PRS I have owned. I still have my Pomegranate PS which is a lifer, and my Cu 22 semihollow ltd which I got from Brent Moss years ago, and is also amazing, but the 594 is a notch above. I want another semi hollow one now and I am probably going with a SC. Then when I can afford it, would LOVE to get a HB 594 PS.

I think the name low turns "turns" the rockers off. I think many are hearing with their eyes. These pups are amazing, and although I love my 57/08s, they can really sound a bit congested or muddy after playing the LTs.

What an amazing guitar. Great job PRS.

I agree with everything you said. I've had mine almost two years. Best guitar ever.

Now I just want a 594 with a tremolo. I'm hoping a dealer orders a limited run like this.

Its the best sounding PRS I have owned. I still have my Pomegranate PS which is a lifer, and my Cu 22 semihollow ltd which I got from Brent Moss years ago, and is also amazing, but the 594 is a notch above. I want another semi hollow one now and I am probably going with a SC. Then when I can afford it, would LOVE to get a HB 594 PS.

I think the name low turns "turns" the rockers off. I think many are hearing with their eyes. These pups are amazing, and although I love my 57/08s, they can really sound a bit congested or muddy after playing the LTs.

What an amazing guitar. Great job PRS.

I agree with everything you said. I've had mine almost two years. Best guitar ever.

Now I just want a 594 with a tremolo. I'm hoping a dealer orders a limited run like this.

They make them! I have seen some around, although maybe they were PSs???

The economy has totally turned and my business is FINALLY doing well again. If I did not have to replace so much worn out equipment from the last dead 9 years, one of those LTD PS HB 594s would be mine! Those are STUNNING instruments!! WANT WANT WANT!!!

Love my 594, too. They really hit it out of the park with this model!

Was playing my DC 594 last night and agree with everything said! Some serious magic with that one, and light weight at 7lbs, 3oz. Pickups are great for crunchy rock tones or lower gain playing. Tremendous clarity. Splits work really well. For higher gain, I prefer 57/08 or 59/09s. Weirdly, I didn’t get along with 58/15s...

Almost forgot I think 53/10s are amazing pickups - works well for me on any gain setting. Could be the woods of the guitar they are in (solid Koa body, Braz neck and board). Thought about looking for another set to try in my 594, but I’m afraid of ruining it with a pickup swap!

Reactions: Tag
Totally agree, Tag. 594s are pure tone machines. One of mine is the P-90 version, which I gotta say, is another great variation on the theme.

I mentioned before that I have a semi-hollow on order. Looking forward to receiving it!

I love my 594 and it delivers on the more 'vintage' Rock sound I love and grew up with. The Pick-ups sound great and can easily do metal too where a lot of 'high output' pick-ups lose clarity. Its a very versatile guitar and feels great to play - like I have been playing it for years and worn the neck in.

EDIT: I saw PRS explain the reason we have the 594. He said, not verbatim, that whilst he was doing all his talks he was mentioning 58 LPs and none of his audience had ever played a 58 LP, only reissues and that was the inspiration behind the 594. Effectively to give you a vintage 58 LP with a 'few 'modern' extras - like coil splits and locking tuners and the PRS build quality we have come to expect

Effectively PRS now offer a '58 LP' and a 64 'Strat' with the Silver Sky - built to give the more vintage/classic tones that people want but without the stress of trying to find an actual vintage instrument that is actually reasonably priced and decent too. Its not as if you can go to your local music store and find a real 58 LP without 'issues'

Last edited:
Totally agree, Tag. 594s are pure tone machines. One of mine is the P-90 version, which I gotta say, is another great variation on the theme.

I mentioned before that I have a semi-hollow on order. Looking forward to receiving it!

Les....What did you spec out?

Les....What did you spec out?

Jack Gretz spec’d it as part of his forthcoming WL run. Semi-hollow, DC, mahogany neck, African blackwood fretboard. He has some coming with a different neck and fretboard combo, too.

All I did was pick a color. For the life of me I can’t remember what it’s called. Reminds me of a light Amber Burst with some orangey-brown highlights.

I've had mine just shy of two years now. I recently went through the first period where I didn't really touch it for a couple of months. When I picked back up, it was like falling in love again. This model has a great thing going.

Reactions: Tag
I think the 594 is one of the most impressive modern guitars from any brand. They really did nail it with this one!

Now if only they would make a lefty...

Luke

Jack Gretz spec’d it as part of his forthcoming WL run. Semi-hollow, DC, mahogany neck, African blackwood fretboard. He has some coming with a different neck and fretboard combo, too.

All I did was pick a color. For the life of me I can’t remember what it’s called. Reminds me of a light Amber Burst with some orangey-brown highlights.

Cant beat traditional woods. Great choice!!

Have had my DC 594 for 2 years now . It is one well constructed axe with great variety of tones to be had and explored. I have Les to thank for convincing me to get one. :)

I had a 594 SC for a while. Beautiful guitar for sure but i think the SC layout killed it for me. Never could get comfortable with it.

I still lust after DC though. Maybe a DC P90???

I still lust after DC though. Maybe a DC P90???

I’ve got DC P-90 and a DC humbucker 594s. It’s hard to go wrong with the 594 P-90, it sounds phenomenal (and I say this as a guy with a ‘65 SG Special with the original pickups; the 594 is really true to the vintage tone of that thing, only...it’s better. ;)).

Reactions: CVS
The past few weeks I’ve been kind of paying attention to the guitars I’ve been gravitating to when I feel creative and want to lay down some tracks, write a new piece, etc.

I do make a conscious effort to play each guitar every week, but there’s been a steady 594 trend; both the humbucker and P-90 versions have been getting quite a bit more playing time than my private stock models.

I love the way they just seem to fit me. It’s really hard to explain, because I love the PS guitars a bunch, but I’ve come to rely on these Core 594s.

My PS20 has a 594 scale length and 3 pickups (two narrow 408s, and a narrowfield 57/08), and it’s getting a load of play time also.

Just got my WL 594 SC about a week and a half ago. Definitely different tone and vibe for me since I mainly play heavier music. Making me break out of the mold a bit and branch out, which I think I really need right now. Kinda want a double cut now...

Back