8 months with my 594. Honeymoon long over and

Its the best sounding PRS I have owned. I still have my Pomegranate PS which is a lifer, and my Cu 22 semihollow ltd which I got from Brent Moss years ago, and is also amazing, but the 594 is a notch above. I want another semi hollow one now and I am probably going with a SC. Then when I can afford it, would LOVE to get a HB 594 PS.

I think the name low turns "turns" the rockers off. I think many are hearing with their eyes. These pups are amazing, and although I love my 57/08s, they can really sound a bit congested or muddy after playing the LTs.

What an amazing guitar. Great job PRS.

More documented justification for the two 594's that I have. ;)

DSC_8349.jpg

Sharing some 594 love!

I'm not sure I had a honeymoon with this one, it's just another awesome guitar in my little collection (since when did my standards get this high?!!?)

Very flexible guitar - I think I prefer a 5 way blade at gigs, but the 594 comes with me most of the time because it's great to play and sounds good on so many styles.
I love this classic colour too (color for the US folk among us).

I'm sure I'll have an 'ah-ha!' moment with this one soon enough.
One day it will just be perfect for where I'm at - the gear I'm playing through, the music I'm playing, etc.
I'm looking forward to that day and I don't think it's that far away.

I’ve got DC P-90 and a DC humbucker 594s. It’s hard to go wrong with the 594 P-90, it sounds phenomenal (and I say this as a guy with a ‘65 SG Special with the original pickups; the 594 is really true to the vintage tone of that thing, only...it’s better. ;)).
My wish list is getting larger :D

Thx! Was one of the guitars PRS used in the photo shoot introducing the model. Turned up at Jack Gretz’. He said it sounded great, and he was right. It’s kind of a lightweight, too.

I can’t say enough good things about it. I spent a good chunk of the afternoon playing it today.

Very flexible guitar - I think I prefer a 5 way blade at gigs, but the 594 comes with me most of the time because it's great to play and sounds good on so many styles..

I'm sure I'll have an 'ah-ha!' moment with this one soon enough.
One day it will just be perfect for where I'm at - the gear I'm playing through, the music I'm playing, etc.
I'm looking forward to that day and I don't think it's that far away.

Personally, I prefer the toggle switch and its placement. Its just out of the way enough so it doesn't get accidentally hit when 'rocking' but also very accessible when you need to switch. I don't think twin humbucker guitar's need a 5 way - you can only have 3 combinations anyway, neck, bridge or both. Maybe its because I grew up with Les Paul guitars and not 'strat's, tele's or superstrat's - guitars with blades...

That may also be why I love the 594 tonally too - plugged straight into a Marshall (or other classic/vintage valve amp) and playing the type of music synonymous with LP's into a valve amp - Rock is my thing and this does that very well. As I said, I grew up with Les Paul guitars and the majority of my heroes all played Les Pauls so the 594 is the PRS to play all the music I grew up with - the 'classics'. I have the 509 for more Strat/super strat type of sounds and the Custom 24 (with 85/15's) too.

In my opinion, PRS have 2 guitars that really capture that 'vintage' tones I grew up on - the 594 for the '58' Les Paul sounds, and the Silver Sky for the 63/64 Strat sounds. If you want a guitar that captures those sounds, without trying to find an actual 'vintage' guitar without issues and 'affordable', PRS are making these.

Therefore, if you are looking for an 'ah-ha' moment with your 594, look at trying it with any song that used 'old' Les Pauls and in a vintage style valve amp too - that is really where I think this works best. Of course you have the added bonus of coil splits too so more versatile than those old guitars.

Therefore, if you are looking for an 'ah-ha' moment with your 594, look at trying it with any song that used 'old' Les Pauls and in a vintage style valve amp too - that is really where I think this works best. Of course you have the added bonus of coil splits too so more versatile than those old guitars.

Agreed!

I finally decided to convert mine to vintage style wiring and it's even better.

I'm not looking for the moment as such, I'm sure it will happen naturally at some point.
That's the fun of playing guitar - there's always something new to learn.
For me right now though, the cu22 is an awesome workhorse live guitar. Can both rock out and clean up very well with minimal amp changes.

My les Paul had bkp mule pickups for a while (now 57/08's), and I'm about to split the pickups on my 245 (also with 57/08's), so I've got no shortage of classic Les Paul vibe. True vintage? Maybe not..

Maybe I just need to get a sc594 and double down on exploring the sounds on the late 50's... That's always the answer.

I'm not looking for the moment as such, I'm sure it will happen naturally at some point.
That's the fun of playing guitar - there's always something new to learn.
For me right now though, the cu22 is an awesome workhorse live guitar. Can both rock out and clean up very well with minimal amp changes.

My les Paul had bkp mule pickups for a while (now 57/08's), and I'm about to split the pickups on my 245 (also with 57/08's), so I've got no shortage of classic Les Paul vibe. True vintage? Maybe not..

Maybe I just need to get a sc594 and double down on exploring the sounds on the late 50's... That's always the answer.

Any excuse to get another guitar... LOL

I must admit, I have been tempted to look for a SC 594 too - even though I purposefully went for the DC, the traditional body shape for a PRS and it sounds so 'similar' to what I already have.

I prefer the 4 pot system on the 594 to the 2 on a CU22 as it adds more individual control over the tone/volume and even the coil split now - given you the opportunity to have the same options as a CU24-08. The CU22 is more 'modern' in my opinion and a great guitar so I can understand why its your workhorse.

The point I was making though is that the 594 was designed to be a 'Vintage' LP in terms of its 'vibe' so its a good place to start with exploring where it fits. I think you could go right up into the 80's too before we started getting after-market 'hot' pick-ups so there are a lot of areas and eras to cover. Of course there are things the 594 offers that those don't, like the coil splits so experimenting and just 'jamming' can lead to a lot of discovery. The fact you have a CU22, LP and 245 anyway means a 594 won't offer a 'lot' different - just a more 'classic' sounding pick-up than those have

The music that inspired me to play was generally played on a Gibson LP and my first guitar was a Les Paul (Epiphone LP Custom - vintage in the 80's when I bought it). As good as the CU22 is, it feels and sounds different - not a bad thing at all - but the 594 is like finding that vintage Les Paul with none of the issues you might expect from such an 'old' guitar. It feels like 'coming home' and the tone just resonates with me much more than my CU24 (with 85/15's) because of the music I loved. That's not to say my CU24 is 'bad' as I love that too but it doesn't have the nostalgic element that the 594 delivers for me. Of course it still offers something new to discover, something new to explore as it has coil splits which traditional LP's don't and as with any musician, you really never stop learning.

I think its that 'nostalgic' element that sets the 594 apart for me and maybe for others too.

I must have been asleep at the wheel when these came out. They are not easy to find now.

Black Gold is just such a kickass classy color!

Show me a black gold guitar, and I get a case of the hots for it. I have two BG 594s!

I must have been asleep at the wheel when these came out. They are not easy to find now.

If I could afford yet another one...

https://nemusiccenter.com/paul-reed...ar-singlecut-in-black-gold-burst-with-10-top/

I was averse to the toggle switch position for a long time. Then I saw this guitar and excuses started to appear -
“actually it’s not that odd”
“oh c’mon it’s just a toggle”
“the guitar is still the same!”
“You gonna pass this up just for a toggle!??”

Then when I play the guitar, I realise it’s such a resonant tone Monster and not just a pretty face.

So yes I totally agree about the 594!
BeaHlyg.jpg

I was averse to the toggle switch position for a long time. Then I saw this guitar and excuses started to appear -

Then when I play the guitar, I realise it’s such a resonant tone Monster and not just a pretty face.

BeaHlyg.jpg

So hawt!

BeaHlyg.jpg

Sweet!

But I will be forced to report you to the mods if you don't post a pic of the back. ;)

Back