58/15LT or 58/15LT+

I'm not sure the point of having an LT+. Is it a higher low output? The standard 58/15 isn't especially high output, as it.
I mean, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure the point of having an LT+. Is it a higher low output? The standard 58/15 isn't especially high output, as it.
I mean, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
I felt like the 58/18 MT pickups in the SSH were noticeably hotter, and I didn't care for it personally.

Somebody on line mentioned putting a neck PU in bridge position.

Swears by it.

Not sure what to think myself?

So far I'm pretty happy with the LTs in my older McCarty, the middle position is killer!

Somebody on line mentioned putting a neck PU in bridge position.

Swears by it.

Not sure what to think myself?

So far I'm pretty happy with the LTs in my older McCarty, the middle position is killer!
I used the LT-V neck in the bridge. They are the predecessor to the LT+. The neck pickup is .5.ohm hotter and per an email from PRS to a seller on ebay has a different magnet too. The assumption was an A5. I don't know for sure though, but I can confirm it's. 5 hotter by mine and the others I've seen.

I liked it better than the regular LT in the bridge, but ultimately it landed in the neck of my KL33 paired with a covered 5909 in the bridge.

I love the bridge 58/15LT+ its the best bridge pickup I have had, still dialing in the neck as it sounds muted compared to the bridge, I raised it up in stages after advice given here, tyring to find the sweet spot, but it didnt have the instant love the bridge has, and I may go back to my previous neck HB to xcheck my ears

I have a very dark S2 SC satin, all mr magoo no miss maple

I bought a new SC594. Beautiful guitar, but I am a bit shocked at the LT+ pickups. They seem soooo hot and harsh that I have to take the volume down to 7-8 to get a decent tone. Anyone else have thought?
I am new to PRS and bought this from a shop online so it was unplayed. I really only have a Les Paul to compare it to as far as similar guitars. I do have doublecut 594 soapbar as well. Maybe I just am not used to hot pickups but the LT is supposedly Low Turn.

I bought a new SC594. Beautiful guitar, but I am a bit shocked at the LT+ pickups. They seem soooo hot and harsh that I have to take the volume down to 7-8 to get a decent tone. Anyone else have thought?
I am new to PRS and bought this from a shop online so it was unplayed. I really only have a Les Paul to compare it to as far as similar guitars. I do have doublecut 594 soapbar as well. Maybe I just am not used to hot pickups but the LT is supposedly Low Turn.
Maybe try lowering the pups a bit?

Agree to lower the pickups a bit. I have a Studio, with the LT bridge, and more recently a SC594, with LT+...which has a little more hair, as expected. I raised the Studio bridge pu a little to be more balanced with the NFs. No adjustments needed with the 594. They split very nicely too. No issues with the neck pu. Very happy all around with both guitars!

Interesting perspectives which seem to be somewhat different than my experience. I have both a DC594 and a SC594. I find them to be rather mellow (overall) and it is surprising to hear them referred to as "hot" though our tastes vary across the spectrum. Of my guitars, I would rate them in order of "output" as such LT, LT+, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Tremonti. The LT and LT+ bridge pickups sound very similar to me. I run them at 10 to get a similar sound to my Tremonti ~8, for example. Of course this is still for a general high gain (SLO-100/5150) sound. There is a sweet spot ~7/8 on the LT's which does a fantastic punk/lower gain (Black Sabbath) sound.

To the OP question, I find the LT+ to be a bit rounder/fuller in sound. It is either due to the SC vs DC or the LT+ vs LT, but it is a noticeable sound. I now have both guitars strung with 11's in D-standard and the sound difference between the two is noticeable. It is not an output difference, but something in the EQ.

Thank you for your replies. I will lower the pickups and give that a go. The SC594 plays like a dream, but it has a different sound than the DC594 when unplugged. There is definitely a difference in the guitars just from the start. Regardless, I am loving the PRS Guitars. I have been a Fender/Gibson man for 30+ years. Always admired PRS and their beauty, but never had the $$$ to buy a core model.

It’s not the pickups. watch this….

Interesting perspectives which seem to be somewhat different than my experience. I have both a DC594 and a SC594. I find them to be rather mellow (overall) and it is surprising to hear them referred to as "hot" though our tastes vary across the spectrum. Of my guitars, I would rate them in order of "output" as such LT, LT+, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Tremonti. The LT and LT+ bridge pickups sound very similar to me. I run them at 10 to get a similar sound to my Tremonti ~8, for example. Of course this is still for a general high gain (SLO-100/5150) sound. There is a sweet spot ~7/8 on the LT's which does a fantastic punk/lower gain (Black Sabbath) sound.

To the OP question, I find the LT+ to be a bit rounder/fuller in sound. It is either due to the SC vs DC or the LT+ vs LT, but it is a noticeable sound. I now have both guitars strung with 11's in D-standard and the sound difference between the two is noticeable. It is not an output difference, but something in the EQ.
Its all relative - if you are used to playing with 'Hot' pickups, then LT/LT+/Burstbuckers/8515's etc may seem 'low-mid' at best - not 'hot' at all. However if you are coming from say the 58/15 LT, 58/15 MT may seem 'hotter' and give more 'crunch' or require you to turn the volume down a bit more to clean up.

I would consider the Tremonti and \m/ pups to be 'hot' for example - but all my HB's are or have been under 9k - at least until I bought my Cu24 Floyd with \m/ pups. I would say that these are 'very' hot, not just 'hot' because of my reference point - which would be a HB around 8k as the 'baseline' for me.

So if you were starting with the 58/15 LT as the 'starting/reference' point, then LT is 'base', Burstbuckers would be 'hotter' and the Tremonti Hottest for example but obviously with some aftermarket Pups (Bare Knuckles spring to mind), an LT can seem extremely 'low' output and LT+/Burstbuckers seem odd to be called 'hot' in comparison...

I have the LT's in my 594 DC, 594 HBii and my HBii - I don't have the LT+ myself so can't really comment on these, but I do have the 58/15 MT in my Special (and LOVE these). I think of my 594 as being more Vintage/creamy in vibe and the MT's have a bit more 'Bite' giving you that more Classic vibe - but as we are all 'different', hear things differently and have our own preferences, others may disagree with me.

Back