What's the difference between 58/15 and 58/15 TM?

mina

My PS Custom24 has 58/15 TM pickups, but I can't find any information of this.
What's the difference between 58/15 and 58/15 TM?

If it is etched TM on the pick up cover, it's just TM for Trade Mark. There would be no difference in the actual pick ups.

Now, just to add confusion; there are 58/15 S pick ups that come in the SE and S2 guitars. Those are import pick ups. There was also the 58/15 MT, which stands for Multi Tap. Those were originally in the Cu22 Special Semi-Hollow Ltd. Those have the best tapped tones of any of PRS pick ups, with the exception of the pick ups in the Paul's Guitar and ME-V. I don't know that the MT made it to any other models, unless it was a Wood Library run spec'd by a dealer.

If it is etched TM on the pick up cover, it's just TM for Trade Mark. There would be no difference in the actual pick ups.

Now, just to add confusion; there are 58/15 S pick ups that come in the SE and S2 guitars. Those are import pick ups. There was also the 58/15 MT, which stands for Multi Tap. Those were originally in the Cu22 Special Semi-Hollow Ltd. Those have the best tapped tones of any of PRS pick ups, with the exception of the pick ups in the Paul's Guitar and ME-V. I don't know that the MT made it to any other models, unless it was a Wood Library run spec'd by a dealer.
I've got a 2017 Custom 24-08 with the MTs. It's from a wood library run that Wildwest Guitars did. And you're right about the tapped tones. Those things sound amazing.

Last edited:
The MT’s are incredible. I prefer their tapped sound to every other tapped/split humbucker I’ve ever heard, Pauls guitar/MEV/TCI included, by a long shot. I even prefer them to many real single coils. Also it’s the only humbucker I’ve played which sounds as good tapped as in full humbucker mode.

I've always said the Special is a 'Special' instrument - so versatile and great in any pick-up position - that's a lot to do with those 58/15 MT's...

I am partial to the LT's too but I do prefer the Special's tapped tones than either my 594's split LT tones...

Back