57/08's installed in S2 McCarty 594

Telecastermds

Had my tech install these along with a Core Tremonti harness. I don't want split coils.
They sound real nice. Can't say for sure, but these seem clearer and sweeter than the 85/15S pickups.

PXL-20240511-191517288-MP.jpg

I put a set of Custom Shop Pearly Gates wound by MJ in mine. I also did away with the splits. I've never tried a coil split that I liked.

I put a set of Custom Shop Pearly Gates wound by MJ in mine. I also did away with the splits. I've never tried a coil split that I liked.
I always liked the pearly gates.

Anybody had them side by side with the 57/08? I have the 57/08 in current guitars and they seem a little more polite than the PGs in my head. My wife called my PG guitar "brutaal" (dutch), a qualification that translates something between bold and rude

I always liked the pearly gates.

Anybody had them side by side with the 57/08? I have the 57/08 in current guitars and they seem a little more polite than the PGs in my head. My wife called my PG guitar "brutaal" (dutch), a qualification that translates something between bold and rude
I saw a post where someone was saying the 57/08 and PG are similar. I have never tried the 57/08 or the production PG. The PG from the custom shop is wound hotter than the production model and unpotted.

Back