57/08 Wiring question

johnajng4985

I have wood library cu22 with 57/08 bass and 59/09 treble pickups.

AS 59/09 treble is too spark for me, I'm gonna change it into 57/08.

When I opened the cover, I found my pickups have 4 conductors. But 57/09 that I bought on ebay is single conductor with white split wire.

Can I use 4conductors pickup with single conductor pickup(with white split wire) at the same guitar?

If possible, please let me know, guys. Thanks.

wiring issues

I actually have the opposite problem. I had a Cu 22 w 59/09 and switched to McCarty w 3 leads. Now I bought 57/08 and they have 4 wires. So I have questions about your photo below: 1) Are the red wires hooked to the 2nd row of switches and white to the top row? 2) What is connected to the 3rd row of switches?

My guitar tech replaced one of my push pulls so I am not positive mine is the same but I have a picture of my setup w 3 wires I can post.

Basically my push pull pot (3 rows of two leads each row so 6 leads total) has the top row of the switch leads empty. The second row has a red wire on one side soldered to the opposite second row lead. The 3rd row has the white leads from the pickups. I don't know why mine has the white wires at the bottom and yours appear to be at the top.

Based on this, my guess is you solder the red from the second row to the red on the opposite row and that might just take care of it for you!

sorry I can't figure out how to add an image to this blog. Frustrating!

Back