50 Watt C

prs50wattC

So I bought a 50 watt C yesterday and it's set on 16 ohms. Nothing in the manual addresses what omage it should be set to. So just to be safe should I pull the back to see what's in there cause it was used so there's no telling.

It sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you like it. I have it's sibling the "H". They do sound great. My H has the 16 ohm speaker.

The "C" has the Cinemag transformer that was used in the HXDA. It is a huge part of the secret sauce due its limited bandwidth.

I love my Custom 50. Have always wanted to try a C. Enjoy!!!

The "C" is a totally different beast. The Custom 50 is an in your face amp. The "C" is pure 60s tone. It is a much sweeter amp than the "H" or the Custom. It is more of a pure 60s/early 70s tone than the "H" or the Custom. It is smooth and fat. The problem with the design is the effects loop is noisey. A completely silent effects loop is difficult with a non-solid-state loop.

The problem with the design is the effects loop is noisey. A completely silent effects loop is difficult with a non-solid-state loop.

My loops not noisy but it does control the Reverb. The reverb control on the front panel does nothing. All Reverb sound is controlled by the Send knob of the back which lends me to believe someone's been tinkering inside. It sounds really good but the effects loop thing has me spooked. 4 hr drive to a tech I trust.
No response from PRS yet. I'm waiting.

More fun, cloned the clean and dirty channel with my AX8 took about 20 minutes apiece AX -> SD170 -> 1x12 cab.
More fun, can I do the same with my HX Stomp? And the answer is.....................................yes! HX -> 4x10 Power Engine (yes they do exist)
Both of the above weight a third or less of the PRS.

My son and his friends (blind) could not tell them apart until they figured out cab locations. This is fun.

I still want to get it (PRS) fixed. Traded in an amp I was not using so spending money to get it repaired is a no brainer because it sounds so good.

No word from PRS yet. That's just sad.

Back