5-way switch question

guitarz6

I have a 2012 25th Anniversary Swamp Ash Special (57/08 pups) with a 5-way switch that needs replacing.
I contacted PRS support for a replacement but what I was sent looks nothing like the existing switch. The existing looks like a standard Strat-style 5-way but what they sent me looks like this:

https://us.prsaccessories.com/products/5-way-blade-switch-pickup-selector

SKU: 101771:001::014

Is it even possible to use this switch or is this not possible? No idea how to begin.

Thanks very much in advance!

To to prs website and look at wiring diagram for your model. That will tell you if what you have in there now is stock.

That's not the stock switch for that model, but it will work. It wires differently, though. If you don't want to swap it for a standard blade, I should be able to make a quick diagram for you.

I ordered a CRL 5-way switch this morning. Will make things a whole lot easier. Thanks guys, appreciate the input.

Cool, that should be what's in there now. Out of curiosity, what issue are you having? Those are normally very hardy switches.

The neck/middle position wasn't working...it would just activate the middle pickup. Tried to clean the contacts but it didn't help.

Back