5 hours in...

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Took my first bike ride today after getting the shot Tuesday afternoon. (Skipped a couple days because winter showed up again). It went well, but my heart rate was higher than normal. I don't know if there's any relation between the two. Anyway, I felt a bit fatigued, tired, and a little loopy Wednesday and into Thursday, but it wasn't bad at all. I think my first dose had more of an effect. My sister received her second shot the day after me, though, and got pretty sick. She's doing better today.

But now I have to try getting "Bird Is the Word" out of my head. Maybe this will help (They Might Be Giant's "Birdhouse in Your Soul.")

Not to pile on Clash (which he doesn't seem to mind) but the ignorant comments about masks are also getting old. "If you can smell perfume, it means the mask doesn't help prevent the virus" is almost willfully ignorant. If you and I stand face to face with masks on, and you cough and sneeze repeatedly and I stand right in front of you breathing it, there is no question I could get it from you while we're both wearing masks. THIS DOES NOT MEAN MASKS DON'T WORK!

In any real world situation though, there is NO QUESTION that they make a big difference. If the "blast zone" for a sneeze is 20 feet, meaning if you had it, you could put virus in the air up to 20 feet away, the amount of virus you put into the air would be cut to a small fraction, and the distance around you that you put out virus would also be cut into a small fraction if you are wearing a mask when you sneeze. With a mask less than 10% of that virus is likely to even get into the air, and less than arms length from the person sneezing.

On the other end, if there is some virus in the air, we all know that it CAN go through most masks, but only a percentage of it makes it through to those wearing a mask when around the infected person.

One study said that in a room with 100 people and one person infected, with no masks there is a good change the majority of people in the room get it (assuming it's a party or mingling type meeting, were people are moving about and socializing). With masks, it's possible that nobody else gets it, and likely that only the few that spent time face to face with the infected person are infected.

I just don't see how people can continue to say "masks don't work." Masks are not 100% guarantee, but several studies show they can exceed 95% reduction of spread. If you can argue with those numbers, then you are choosing to ignore facts.

Go wear a plastic bag over your head that would work.

Here is a video of a track athlete forced to wear a mask.

Clear and Glad. Ok, heading to walmark to find some.

First time I've ever been asked to put a bag over my head. I guess, in some ways, I always knew this day would come. I was just hoping I was over 80 before it finally happened. Oh well...

First time I've ever been asked to put a bag over my head. I guess, in some ways, I always knew this day would come. I was just hoping I was over 80 before it finally happened. Oh well...
No worries mate. It's not that bad once you get used to it...
:D:p

202d861c-7644-11ea-ab8f-988daf8efd6f_1320x770_212252.jpg

I thought that’s what doggie was for. That, and so you could both watch the hockey game.

My son said no issues w/the first Moderna, so he came off a little better than his parents did w/Pfizer (not that ours were anywhere near major - just enough to notice). He's a bit nervous about #2 because my daughter was sick for a day or two afterwards.

How did it go with the 2nd dose? It's anytime now right?

Back