408 or P22?

Jorj

Having been an admirer of PRS guitars for a long time...but have only owned Les Pauls and Strats, I finally picked up my first PRS guitar. It's an SE custom 22. Can't believe the Korean made instrument sounds and plays so nice. Anyway...I officially have the bug. Have decided to dip into the well and purchase another of these masterpiece guitars. Can't decide between the 408 or the P22. The piezo system sounds great and would be very useful. But those 408's are sweet too! And I am really drawn to some of the beautiful green finishes available. Decisions...decisions.... maybe some input from other owners could help me break the tie. :biggrin:

For me the choice would come down to whether/how often I planned to use the piezo.

If, as you say, the piezo would be very useful, it's hard not to recommend going in that direction. For me they wouldn't be, so I went 408. I do think the 408 pickups are the best idea in magnetic pickups to come out in a very long time. They are all that, and extremely versatile.

If you need the piezo, get the P-22. It's an amazing guitar and the 57/08s are some of the best pups out there.

If the piezo is a nice to have, but not a requirement, get the 408 (or a Paul's)! Outstanding guitars.

I'm waiting for a combo of the two...preferably Singlecut and hollow!

Guess I somehow missed this thread. Sorry for the clone.

No worries! I opened up your thread, saw only one reply, and said to myself "that's funny, I'm sure there were more replies, including one of my own!"

It was deja vu all over again!

As Egads says, and I say in the other thread: get the piezo if you have a need or really strong want. If you don't think you'll use it, and it would be a feature that you'll toy with occasionally but ignore, then get the guitar with the sound you really prefer through the electric pups.

Great minds ponder the same questions, Jorj.

(I posted the other thread)

I'm still leaning toward the 408 because I thought it sounded and played the best of the models I've tried. The piezo does offer an interesting option from the p22, but I do already own a very nice Larrivee electric-acoustic, so that may cinch it for the 408 for me.

Last edited:
Back