30th Anniversary B resonance

Aubs

Hi all. Very interesting phenomenon with my new PRS. It is a used 30th Anniversary Custom 24. I also own a 408MT, and have had a McCarty. The Custon 24, has a strong ring of resonance every time I hit a fretted B note. It will actually ring for a couple of seconds. It's pretty cool actually. Does not really come through the pickups, but I can hear it and feel it acoustically. Have any of you run into something like this. Just curious.

What do you mean by "fretted b"?

Both my previous CE24 and my current CU24 30th had some spring resonance going on on certain notes

What do you mean by "fretted b"?

Both my previous CE24 and my current CU24 30th had some spring resonance going on on certain notes
If I play my open b string, it really does not happen. But if I play a b on the fretboard, I get the resonance, and it is coming from the either the brass bridge block or the springs. Not a bad thing, I kind of like it. Just never had it before.

OK - strange :) I think my guitar's resonance isn't limited to just fretted or open notes. It's definitely the springs. Can you hear it a short time still after dampening the strings?

OK - strange :) I think my guitar's resonance isn't limited to just fretted or open notes. It's definitely the springs. Can you hear it a short time still after dampening the strings?
Absolutely. Dampen the strings and it still rings for a couple seconds. I will be changing strings later: I'll see if it changes, I hope not.

I've had two US Custom 24's and on both the trem springs resonate on B notes

My s2 single cut semi hollow sustains longer on fretted b notes and I get a slight overtone feedback
No springs in that guitar.
Interesting

If you play around with it more you will find other notes that ring out :)
I have found that all my PRS have several singing notes they are addictive once you find them all.
Since I have become mainly a PRS player I have stopped using compression

If you play around with it more you will find other notes that ring out :)
I have found that all my PRS have several singing notes they are addictive once you find them all.
Since I have become mainly a PRS player I have stopped using compression
Thanks for your replies. Pretty cool.

Back