3 Mike 7-12

Gonna give it a custom black to red fade?

Haha I wish, but I think that's going to stay with the last PTC project! This tops going to have to be opaque because of the pickup and bridge pin plugging.

Haha I wish, but I think that's going to stay with the last PTC project! This tops going to have to be opaque because of the pickup and bridge pin plugging.

Might I suggesttttt........

(Hey, I can't afford one, so I'm just trying to live vicariously!) :)

I always look forward to PTC threads. Amazing as usual.

Goldtop

Might I suggesttttt........

(Hey, I can't afford one, so I'm just trying to live vicariously!) :)

I always look forward to PTC threads. Amazing as usual.

Goldtop

Haha we'll need to set up a jam for you with my 7 string when its done :)

That reminds me - when I get home I'll recreate my other PTC thread from BAM on here because it was a nice, documented look at more PTC insanity! :shakes head:

The prepping begins!

b69bg4.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;32688 said:
Man, you should consider a graphic that covers the plug in the middle to preserve that killer top.

You know... like a big #3. ;)

No need even for a graphic - just stain it to match even if the grain doesn't - no different than the plugged holes in Howard Leese's guitar - just bugger....

Awesome!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease make it a black top with natural back and sides! :D

Sorry to let some of you down but it is going to be an opaque top. NONE of my PRS are a solid color and while the reason for that is because I love the wood and trans stains, I feel on this beast I just need to have a solid, bad ass color. Now what color is that? Well - it could easily work for the darkside....
35a8a4j.jpg

OK now you guys are getting crazy with the finish ideas hahah

Hard to beat black and nickel hardware. My Subaru has black paint, but in the sun, there's a bit of sparkle in it. Not a sexy car by any means, but I like that sparkle when I see it.

Back