2018 PRS Experience

I sure hope to make some new pals during my first Experience. It's gonna feel weird enough walking around and not knowing a soul there.

yeah, that’s why I wasn’t going. Not into going to an event by myself and hoping to find someone to hang with.

I sure hope to make some new pals during my first Experience. It's gonna feel weird enough walking around and not knowing a soul there.

yeah, that’s why I wasn’t going. Not into going to an event by myself and hoping to find someone to hang with.

I would certainly hope that being there alone wouldn't deter anyone from going to Experience. The first year I went, I knew no one. Not a soul. I met Jamie in the hotel lobby checking in. Met several folks that first year, some of whom I don't think ever returned - I'm sure that's coincidence, though. Come to think of it, Sergio never came back after he met me. I'm going to have to think about that.

Anyway, the first five years I went alone. My wife said every year she felt bad for me, so once the kids were out of high school, she finally made an appearance. She knows I'm not good in social situations. After about the seventh or eighth person I talked to, she finally looked at me and said, "Who the hell are you? It's like you're someone completely different down here."

Short version - if *I* can go alone and find people to talk to and have a blast, surely you more advanced beings can do it. It's really a very cool and relaxed atmosphere.

What Alan said!!!! ^^^^^^^^
I'm pretty sure everyone there (at least those that are part of this Forum) are extremely approachable...I'll be the big bald guy, with drool dripping from my mouth (Insert Drummer joke here)...PLEASE come up and introduce yourself!!!
I've had my son there a couple times, and Wife even once, but she knows that's just my Happy Place...Full disclosure: after 20 minutes, I may not remember your name, but I will remember what kind of tuners are on your favorite PRS!!)

Man, I’d hate for somebody not to go because they don’t know anyone. Everyone was super approachable for me, and getting together the night before with Rob, Jesse, Jeff, and.. I’ve forgotten who else was there, made it even easier to have a crew on the first day.

Seriously the easiest group of guys to get along with are on this forum.

Dude, you already know EVERYONE! Just need to put names with faces... can you still register? Just do it.
Registration is open until the 22nd!

Do it! I have never met these forum guys in person yet, but I'm going (with my wife, admittedly). You'll see a forum name you recognize, maybe even a face from the Facial Recognition thread (or elsewhere), and before you know it, you'll be clawing to get away from us!

To be honest I am actually really fascinated at the idea of wandering around and meeting the board peeps for sure, So if you see me please say hey!
I heard the group that usually stays at the Hilton Garden Inn usually is up to no good, anyone confirm?

To be honest I am actually really fascinated at the idea of wandering around and meeting the board peeps for sure, So if you see me please say hey!
I heard the group that usually stays at the Hilton Garden Inn usually is up to no good, anyone confirm?

No pictures, no video, deny, deny, deny.

I have a feeling I will be spending more time at the Hilton Garden than at my hotel (Crowne Plaza). I tried several times to book a room there instead but no chance.

Strange thing is that it is the HGI in Annapolis, not the closest HGI on Kent Island. How did all of you hooligans pick that hotel over a much more local one?

We're staying at the Kent Is HGI, because I like local drives. And there seems to be a bunch of nice restaurants nearby.

Back