2018 PRS Experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Big Mard, Apr 29, 2017.

1. mad monk

mad monk New Member

First time I didn't play a guitar, too. I spent time with the PS acoustic guys and hit the clinics. The guys I usually hang with weren't there this year. Did more on my own than I ever have. Wife went shopping in Annap most of the afternoon. I held our seats for the evening show. Didn't lose them when Paul emptied the tent.

2. Bill SAS 513

Bill SAS 513 Just another old guy in a T-shirt

Hey, Deli6505...
    Friday night, or early Saturday, I found a 2 pack (my favorite rapper, BTW!!!) of clear w/ black bottom knobs at the tables at the back of the big tent, and dropped them back at the security/lost & found tent. Hope the rightful owner got 'em back. Yours????

3. Deli6505

Deli6505 Rockin' the D!

It's quite possible! I do remember setting my bag down at the back of the big tent so they quite possibly could have fallen out! Thank you very much for turning in them in because those were exactly the style of knobs I bought but don't seem to have. I didn't find out they were gone until I got home so it's definitely my fault for not checking but in the excitement of everything going on, the thought didn't even cross my mind. Now the question is, how in the world would I ever go about reclaiming them?

4. rugerpc

rugerpc A♥ hoards guitars ♥A

5. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

I man, I'm sorry about the knobs. I'll send you another set. What kind were they?

6. rugerpc

Shawn ROCKS!

7. Deli6505

Deli6505 Rockin' the D!

Thank you very much! They were the black bottomed ones and I very much apologize for putting anyone though any trouble.

jfb and [email protected] like this.
  8. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

No worries, we got you covered.

jfb, vchizzle, JMintzer and 4 others like this.
  9. Deli6505

Deli6505 Rockin' the D!

It’s little things like this and good folks like Bill and Shawn that make me extremely proud to be part of the PRS clan. And I also owe a rather big apology to the staff fellow that I had believed to have not put them back in the bag when in fact it was my big dumb a$$ that had been negligent to realize that they were missing until I got home. This certainly made my day and I can’t thank you guys enough!

jfb, sergiodeblanc, bodia and 4 others like this.
  10. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

This is why I love this forum. Forum brothers rule!:D

jfb, vchizzle, Rich5150 and 2 others like this.
  11. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

You got that right!

jfb likes this.
  12. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

My wife and I had an absolute blast at Experience PRS 2018! We will be back for the next one, which I am led to believe will be 2020. 35th anniversary, get your wallets ready!

We met up with so many forumites, including @Bill SAS 513 , @11top , @markie , @toothace , @vchizzle , @jfb , @Tosca , @Fred Baer , @alantig , @rugerpc , @JustRob (and son Steve), @Texas_minor_blues , and probably a few others I don't recall!

And of course @[email protected] , sorry for bugging you so much (where is "this" happening, when is "that", blah blah blah), but you are such a great source of info!

And to PRSh and the whole "family" of PRS employees, thank you very much for opening your doors, hosting the factory tour (we spent hours in there), and putting on such a great event!

And the Bands! We really enjoyed every single one of them. My wife was astounded at the bass solo at the end of the last song by [email protected], and has redoubled her interest in mastering that instrument. Dave Weiner is an awesome guy too.

We saw DG in our hotel lobby when we left on Sunday morning - I waved, said "thanks!", and then bothered him no further. Oh, he said something during his Clinic that piqued my interest. Something like "This guitar [the one he was playing] is an older one, a bit different in the electronics from what is in the current model." So...what has changed in the DGT over the years?

There wasn't time to do everything we wanted, which is great - we can do stuff a little different next time! More watching the bands on Friday, more actual playing guitars or amps that are available to demo, maybe less factory tour.

Oh, the one thing that was a little underwhelming was the amp demo tent - the amps were all demoed via cab sim loadboxes into headphones. The max volume was way too low, and I couldn't find a way to raise it - I assume this was to protect eardrums, but I couldn't get a decent tone out of the amp as a result (I tried two). Maybe I just couldn't find the master volume, but I looked at and tweaked everything I could find. I like to play my amps loud, leaning into the sound blasting out. I know that isn't practical - apparently not too many Experiences ago they didn't have headphones, so it was indeed a cacophony of competing loud amps. But a louder headphone set up would be nice.

vchizzle, Bill SAS 513, bodia and 4 others like this.
  13. rugerpc

And my only gripe as well...

I wanted to hear the clean tones of the MT-15, but the volume was so low I could not. Turning up the volume pushed the amp into dirt and that was all I could get out of it.

I actually feel a little bad about even bringing it up since the rest of the Experience was just so fantastic...

14. jfb

jfb Plank Owner

This makes me feel all the feels.

Glad it got worked out for everyone.

Bill SAS 513 and bodia like this.
  15. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Apologies if this has been uploaded already. It’s great that PRSh takes time to say thanks!

Tim Pearce, nice chops!

[email protected] and bodia like this.
  16. alantig

alantig Sassyless pants

jfb, vchizzle, veinbuster and 4 others like this.
  17. jfb

jfb Plank Owner