2017 SE faux binding

Well... maybe some pictorial evidence?

xuqxigbmdzkkquhqplde.jpg

se_277_2017_scarlet_red.jpg

I was looking at SE 277 baritones on Reverb. There is a new one from an authorized dealer:

https://reverb.com/item/3724162-paul-reed-smith-prs-se-277-baritone-guitar-2017-black-cherry-new

I noticed there is no faux binding, the stain covers the edges. However, on the official product page, it shows the faux binding. Anybody have the low down on whether the 2017s all have binding or no binding?

The royal blue Cu24-7s were like that. The sunburst, amethyst, and black versions had faux binding, but the blue ones didn't (or at the very least mine didn't) for some reason.

I must be an odd duck because i like the body to not have binding but the neck to have it for visual satisfaction.

Didn't have time for this earlier today (that work thing), but here is a photo of my 277 Semi-hollow, bought in Oct 2016 with the "new" 2017 headstock style. Dunno if ones truly made in 2017 would not have the faux binding.

20170124_211117_1024_zpsq8ezkb8k.jpg

Oh, and I like the faux binding. Dunno, why, but I do!

I like the guitar without the binding. I have the Akesson SE and I also can't see any binding. I really dig it!

Back