2015 SE model line-up changes

shinksma

What? I get a title?
I've noticed a few tweaks to the SE line-up. Someone already mentioned the lack of the Mike Mushok Baritone, and I can see the Akerfeldt and Akesson models look to be dropped, are there any others also deleted?

I noted that the SE 7-string is changing colors again: black and sapphire are now the choices, amethyst is gone. Which means I'll be picking up a 2014 model, since I liked that color...

The ZM is now officially available in Vintage Sunburst as well as TG.

Anything else anyone noted? Or are you all too busy drooling over the 30th anniv CU24s and P245? :wink:

Last edited:
Chances are some specs or colors are changing and they just dont have a physical prototype in house yet to photograph - only a guess, though. I mean, I sincerely doubt the MM is gone as its the ONLY baritone outside of Private Stock and they're already getting enough slack for that alone haha

I would think they would still the 2014 MM listed if it wasn't discontinued.

Oh man. I really wanted a blue Tremonti SE custom but they weren't available when I got mine a couple months ago. I guess having two wouldn't be so bad, would it? :)

Ah, I see now that the 2015 product page has a control to reveal the 2014 line-up (maybe it wasn't there before, maybe it was).

Also gone form the SE signature series are Tim Mahoney and Paul Allender.

Curiously, from the core lineup it looks like they may be dropping the 408 standard - the specific listing is gone, and the 408 description that mentioned the Standard version links to the 2014 product.

Also dropped from Core are Al Di Meola, Dave Navarro (still got an SE), and JA-15 Paul Jackson Jr. I guess PRS are clearing out some of their lesser-selling models.

Noticed the Dustie Waring is here to stay also...I'm kind of bummed that the are clearing some of the lesser selling models, but I understand why.

Noticed the Dustie Waring is here to stay also...I'm kind of bummed that the are clearing some of the lesser selling models, but I understand why.

I thought the DW model was a limited run with the order books only open until December - after that it will be 'discontinued.'

I thought the DW model was a limited run with the order books only open until December - after that it will be 'discontinued.'

Indeed, the product page still says the limited run and order-by date. It will disappear after that date from the list, I suspect. Probably should have put it under the Special Editions section, which is more volatile...

408 Standard was high on my list of "wanna check one of those out", but they were hardly ever in stock anywhere - certainly not at the crappy AZ dealers.

Indeed, the product page still says the limited run and order-by date. It will disappear after that date from the list, I suspect. Probably should have put it under the Special Editions section, which is more volatile...

I stand corrected, I didn't look at it close enough.

I stand corrected, I didn't look at it close enough.

Well who knows, with PRS - this could turn into a permanent production model, with a few tweaks to differentiate from the initial limited run, if it turns out to be popular.

Scarlet Red and tobacco burst for the Floyd Cu24. And this looks awful familiar...

front.jpg

Back