2012 Hollowbody case

Guerreromex

Hello everyone,just bought my dream guitar,a singlecut Hollowbody II !!! Got a question I don't know if I got an original case or not .It has the PRS sticker that all my other cases have,but it is really cheap on inside.The padding is really hard and the two neck pieces are not padded at all just covered with thin covering.I already emailed PRS to see what they say but too concerned tonight about it ....Thanks Kenny

Pics are good. By sticker do you mean the bar code sticker on the top?

It should look pretty much like this:
224298-case-large.jpg

Just to keep things from getting confusing, the case shown above is the Artist case - which is a little nicer than the standard Hollowbody case. It is easy to tell them apart because the standard case is symmetrical. the artist case is not. See how the side by the handle extends further toward the headstock?

Last edited:
Hey guys thanks for responding,Prs customer service emailed me today and asked for me to send them pic and they would see if they had one in stock.....Cool Beans .....Thanks again.....

Just to keep things form getting confusing, the case shown above is the Artist case - which is a little nicer than the standard Hollowbody case. It is easy to tell them apart because the standard case is symmetrical. the artist case is not. See how the side by the handle extends further toward the headstock?

Oh, interesting. I blame Sweetwater, then. I nabbed the pic from a non-Artist listing on their site.

Looks like the same one in the PRS Accessories store: http://us.prsaccessories.com/products/hollowbody-case

I'll look when I get home, but I think both of mine are symmetrical (HBII and SC-J). I also believe the SC-J is much older than 2012 era, and I believe the HBII is newer, so not sure how helpful my one "case study" (snicker) would be.

I have a 2012 Artist Package and the inside is blue. Nicest case I've ever seen. Not symmetrical.

Okay, I went and looked -- the SC-J is in a bog standard black tolex albeit form-fitting symmetrical case, and the insides are very nice. My Hollowbody is a '15, but is an artist package (so it has a very nice black paisley case), and despite being a doublecut, is indeed asymmetrical. They both fit perfectly fine, aren't hard on the inside, but securely hold the guitar in place, so I am happy with both.
High five!
Thank you, thank you, be sure and tip your waitress and try the veal.

Back