2009 PF-09 McCarty Nitro price check

McCarty body, 57/08 pickups and nitro finish in a nice classic tobacco burst. I bet that would be a monster classic rock machine. Nice vintage vibe but in a modern guitar - and it's already got wear so it doesn't matter if you ding it. That would make a great gigging/workhorse guitar.

McCarty body, 57/08 pickups and nitro finish in a nice classic tobacco burst. I bet that would be a monster classic rock machine. Nice vintage vibe but in a modern guitar - and it's already got wear so it doesn't matter if you ding it. That would make a great gigging/workhorse guitar.
Yeah, you pretty much described my desire for it. I guess my hang up is only the price. Simply because I've seen some McCarty's a little less than that. That seems to be the model I'm gravitating towards.

The money itself doesn't bother me as much as if the value is there. I'm one of those weird players that do think about the value of something for resale when I buy it. I consider this one to be in players grade condition and I just don't know what PRS player grade guitars go for. Always admired and lusted after PRS, just never pulled the trigger. I will be soon, either this one or something else. haha

Yeah, you pretty much described my desire for it. I guess my hang up is only the price. Simply because I've seen some McCarty's a little less than that. That seems to be the model I'm gravitating towards.

The money itself doesn't bother me as much as if the value is there. I'm one of those weird players that do think about the value of something for resale when I buy it. I consider this one to be in players grade condition and I just don't know what PRS player grade guitars go for. Always admired and lusted after PRS, just never pulled the trigger. I will be soon, either this one or something else. haha

I can't really offer much opinion on the price. I'm not familiar enough with the US market or McCarty's, but it's probably a decent purchase. It must be a limited run of some kind as normally a McCarty wouldn't come with the PF09 Nitro finish but rather the standard poly based one.
PF09 stands for Paul's Finish '09 and was introduced in......2009! There were a bunch of limited run guitars that year with its introduction. It is a really thin semi-gloss nitro finish which is why this guitar shows so much wear, it's proper old school like those 50s Strats and Les Pauls. I have the PF09 finish on my limited run 53/10 guitar and I love it. It's not as robust as the normal finish though and eventually mine will wear through like this one too - and I actually see that as a positive.

Unless I missed it that ad said PAF pickups, not 57/08’s. I would confirm what comes in it before leaping, those early 57/08’s are a big part of the allure of that guitar for me. I had one and they sound killer.

Unless I missed it that ad said PAF pickups, not 57/08’s. I would confirm what comes in it before leaping, those early 57/08’s are a big part of the allure of that guitar for me. I had one and they sound killer.

The hang tag says 57/08. I'd be all over this. I might offer $1,500 and see where it goes. Would welcome this to my pad, for sure.

That's not too far off what I paid for a '09 Korina with P90s about four years ago. I don't regret the price at all. Of course, I don't actually consider resale when I buy a guitar. I have never sold a guitar.

Man, I just checked Reverb. There are 8 McCartys from 2009, of various versions, listed from $2,250 to $3,528. I was kinda surprised to see them that high. Now I would definitely by all over the one the OP linked.

The hang tag says 57/08. I'd be all over this. I might offer $1,500 and see where it goes. Would welcome this to my pad, for sure.

I just zoomed in on them, they are 57/08's (well, the neck is for sure. Can't really see the etching on the bridge)

Man, I just checked Reverb. There are 8 McCartys from 2009, of various versions, listed from $2,250 to $3,528. I was kinda surprised to see them that high. Now I would definitely by all over the one the OP linked.

Waiting on confirmation of the pickups to seal the deal. I’ve some older McCarty’s less, not sure if there’s much difference other than the nitro/pups

Waiting on confirmation of the pickups to seal the deal. I’ve some older McCarty’s less, not sure if there’s much difference other than the nitro/pups

Oh, for sure. Sergio and I were looking at an earlier McCarty with P90s, and I believe a Rosewood neck (only had pics of the front), yesterday. It was listed at $1,525. It's gone now. Was a cool looking guitar.

Pretty sure this guy doesn't know about the pickups just based off his reply. That also leads me to believe that haven't been changed either. About to pull the trigger on it. I specifically asked about the marks I see in the neck towards the upper register close to the body. To me they look like dings or dents. he says they are not, just were the neck as worn a little. So if I do get it and they are dings I've got grounds for a return. Other than that, it seems like it would be a solid guitar.

Do it!
It looks well used, but it doesn't look abused. Easy for a guitar with thin nitro finish to pick up wear like that. If I was in the States and had the money I'd go for it

Back