2008 Swamp Ash Special Coil Split Wiring Help

bobbyk

Hi.

Picked up a 2008 SAS in fantastic condition. The only issue is/was that a previous owner did some heavy wiring mods. I've got most of it cleaned-up. Quick question though for those in the know out there...

Did the 2008 SAS's just send the white to ground to split the coils or did PRS split them like they do to others guitars where the wires go to ground through a 2.2K resistor (Bridge) and 1.1K resistor (Neck)? I can't find this information for this year SAS or any picture of the inside of the control cavity, that gives me this answer.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
As stated they did not use the resistors back then. They actually bent the two center posts on the switch inward and connected them with solder then ran them to ground. I have a 2006 and was actually just inside of it looking around this weekend. I was going to put the resistors in mine and forgot they bent the tabs on the switch. It has been a long time since I was inside of mine. I didn't feel like going through the work to remove the solder and bend the posts back out so I just put the backplate back on and moved on with my day.

I have a 2006 custom 22 that I had the PTC put 57/08 pickups in back in 2009. They didn't use the resistors back then either. I put the resistors in it this weekend. I like the result of that.

I started a thread on resistors in the general area of the forum. I have been finding some interesting results with guitars I own of different value resistors used over the years.

Back