2008 Single Cut Hollowbody for 1.5K?

thesuperzman

Ok guitarist 25 years looking to be better
Some may have seen an earlier post I made on this guitar. The gentlemen selling a mint employee Single Cut Hollowbody 1 has finally relented to my 1.5K price. This 'appears' to be a steal.

I was just about to buy a Players Strat (to compliment my Silver Sky) for $900, much more comfortable price range for me. But I feel like this is too good a deal to pass on.

Thoughts? Its pushing HARD my budget, but don't want to regret in a year...especially if I can sell it for even a few shekels more.

Definitely sounds too good to be true! Proceed with caution!! Maybe get the serial number and check with PRS Customer Service for specs to make sure it all matches up!!!
We are on Kent Island..down the road from PRS, and I know when he got it, he was excited to pick-up the guitar from the employee for about 3K. He's been trying to get that and I've held firm to 1.5K for about two months....apparently not a reverb guy. He's ready to sell. Pretty sure it's the real deal - but a good cautious practice.

But sounds like a helluva deal. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't mis-pricing. But any authentic, mint PRS is worth at least that...so guess I can't get hurt.

We are on Kent Island..down the road from PRS, and I know when he got it, he was excited to pick-up the guitar from the employee for about 3K. He's been trying to get that and I've held firm to 1.5K for about two months....apparently not a reverb guy. He's ready to sell. Pretty sure it's the real deal - but a good cautious practice.

But sounds like a helluva deal. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't mis-pricing. But any authentic, mint PRS is worth at least that...so guess I can't get hurt.
I envy your opportunity! Congrats on getting an incredible deal!! As Distort6 says, do it NOW!!!

1.5k for a HB is an absolute steal. He should have no issues getting at least his 3k back out of that guitar. I have a SC HB II that isn't a 10 top that I wouldn't let go of that cheap. I would have to really think hard if I would even let it go for 3k, probably not. I would buy that before someone else steps in and buys it. I don't even need another HB and I would give him more than 1.5k for it.

Thanks guys - I did buy it last night. And for the 1.5K. Be curious if you all know what 'mods' may have been done as this being a 2008 employee guitar. Either way - it's beautiful. Note, in the picture....that's not ME standing it against the wall. He did that when he was selling.

Even better - it literally has never been played.

Guessing the gold hardware is a change? Obviously Paul's signature is on the back with the employee name date.

Back