McCarty Burst with natural neck back instead of red

SonicBlue

In my hunt for the right Hollowbody II, the McCarty burst is one of the top finishes I'm looking for, but every recent one I see has a Bright Red neck and body middle wood. The look cool, but I prefer more neutral leaning tones like natural mahogany for neck backs.

How often does PRS change things up? I'd like the latest TCI pickups and new tuners but recent years only seem to pair red with McCarty burst.

Natural maple tops are also missing from the HB lineup this year. I sold a natural HB II Piezo a while ago and it's the only guitar I regret selling.

ub5nx28gniwh0g4suryy.jpg

Last edited:
I think you might have a very long wait. The McCarty Burst finish has always had the amber on the maple parts, and the reddish finish on the mahogany parts, unless there's a PS, or Wood Library run that's different.

Heck, I even have that color scheme on the PS McCarty Singlecut that was part of a 2014 run. Fortunately, I like the look.

On the other hand, it's been really hot here in hell, and I wouldn't mind it freezing over...

In my hunt for the right Hollowbody II, the McCarty burst is one of the top finishes I'm looking for, but every recent one I see has a Bright Red neck and body middle wood. They look cool but to own, I prefer natural mahogany neck backs and they seem to be non-existent in new or recent year HB II McCarty bursts.

How often does PRS change things up? I'd like the latest TCI pickups and new tuners but the Ketchup/Mustard theme just isn't for me.

Natural maple tops are also missing from the HB lineup this year. I let a natural HB II Piezo go a while ago and it's the only guitar I regret selling.

ub5nx28gniwh0g4suryy.jpg

1de36db225cltDlTcnCDuwBvZlf1i7T8aLKOXBhK.wm-dh.jpg
720b5d1daemfeq1nqYvOQ3FremExTieUvMCCwpIo.wm-dh.jpg

prs-hbii-hollow-body-electric-guitar-mccarty-sunburst-230358300-6_531x.progressive.jpg
I want one.

Back