2002 McCarty with Rosewood Neck...buying advice needed

Congrats !!!
1) Rosewood neck :)
2) 5 way switching and the HFS / VB combo are killer
3) I really like the PRS wraparound bridge

Good move buying that one up. If your experience is anything like mine, you'll be blown away!

Well it showed up and all I can say is WOW!

The feel of that neck and the tones of this pickup combo are really diverse. It goes from subtle and sweet to punching you in the throat.

It is my first core....rest are SE and S2....think I might be spoiled now.

OK....now for some questions.

The PTC states they offer a Rosewood Neck treatment...what is this?
How should I care for my neck?
It feels like bare wood and is smooth except for one little area that it feels like the grain is raised so slightly.

Thanks guys!

I already read that thread....good info....just curious if I should be using lemon oil on it like I do the fret board. I mean I never drown the fret board with it....mainly just use it to clean the grime from my hands out.

Well it showed up and all I can say is WOW!

The feel of that neck and the tones of this pickup combo are really diverse. It goes from subtle and sweet to punching you in the throat.

It is my first core....rest are SE and S2....think I might be spoiled now.
Yup. Spoiled.
Enjoy.

I already read that thread....good info....just curious if I should be using lemon oil on it like I do the fret board. I mean I never drown the fret board with it....mainly just use it to clean the grime from my hands out.

I'm certainly not a foremost expert :p, but I've had mine for just over a year and haven't had the need to do anything to them. I will probably go the Pledge route when I do though.

My advice: use the credit card that gives you the most miles... :D

Lemon oil is not recommend because of the acid.
A SMALL amount of fretboard oil is all thats needed ( IMHO ) if your neck is feeling a bit rough I have had GREAT success with fretboard oil and 3000 grit sandpaper ( polishing paper )
I only treat mine on string changes once or twice a year a little goes a long way in-between just wiping with a micro fiber cloth seem to keep it clean.
I have heard the rosewood neck treatment is super sweet but have not tried it

Beautiful guitar, enjoy the heck out of it!

I had one just like it in Tortoise Shell that year, and it was my main recording guitar for quite a while.

So I did some investigating today. Here is what I found hiding under the pickups.

Neck = Dragon Bass

28236942073_223d604db1_c.jpg

Bridge = HFS

28234426694_ca77c610bc_c.jpg

Also the MODCAT

28234425954_91f06c6070_c.jpg

Per RugerPC Decoder: http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/

Model: McCarty
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured Maple
Top Grade: Ten Top