2002 McCarty with Rosewood Neck...buying advice needed

n24re

Enjoying the ride...
All,

I have been watching this particular instrument for several months. It has been on the market a couple of times in various places. I am curious what I should be on the look out for and any known issues. I know the orginal pickups are gone and it states it has PRS HFS/VB from a SU24 in it now with a 5way rotary.

Thoughts?

sg58nr6ojkrqpghkwfbi.jpg

qb1aiwur8vl9wq6vqeao.jpg

lcbsgcrnckitu6d4v5ir.jpg

I have a '00 McRosie that I adore! Love the idea of a 5-way rotary, but would probably be inclined to change the pickups. Then again, find out for yourself through your rig. :)

My '02 McRosie is definitively a keeper.
Wouldn't mind having a second one :cool:

You guys are supposed to give me a bunch of reason NOT to buy it!!

Thanks for the input all the same. I will see if me and the seller can't work something out.

Put a Mann Made 2300 on it(like I did with my RW McCarthy) Then save some $$$ up and take your time if you decide later on to change the pups, etc.

You guys are supposed to give me a bunch of reason NOT to buy it!!

Thanks for the input all the same. I will see if me and the seller can't work something out.

Funny you say that!! My first thought on reading the title of your post was..... "My advice is to buy it!!"
I hope it works out. Looks like a great guitar.

Kevin

Put a Mann Made 2300 on it(like I did with my RW McCarthy) Then save some $$$ up and take your time if you decide later on to change the pups, etc.

Does that bridge really make that much difference?

Does that bridge really make that much difference?
Both Jay Schroeder and John Mann make very high quality bridges that I also believe make a tremendous difference. Paul prefers the one piece on his personal guitars.

beautiful guitar. Anyone use the power pro wrap around bridge - not sure if i got the name right.

There is nothing . . . NOTHING . . . like the feel of a rosewood neck. It is exquisite.

Back